Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,376   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a 35/3.5 N lens for my M645 system from sanpoucamera late last year. It was advertised as used, not NOS. When it arrived it looked brand new apart from the usual missing black paint from the lens mount lugs, showing that it had indeed been fitted to a body. The price was excellent for what is a fairly hard-to-get lens, and I would have absolutely no hesitation in buying from them again. I have also bought several lenses and other items from KEH and I have full confidence in them too. From where I sit in Australia shipping from Japan is slightly cheaper than from the US, but I can fully understand why a US-based buyer would prefer to buy from KEH for both shipping cost and warranty reasons.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about musashi camera? They've got stuff cheaper plus I might be able to combine shipping on two lenses they have that I want.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbringer View Post
    Did you order from their site or what? Because their eBay only lists one or two lenses but on their site they've got a few more. I am interested in getting a 50mm as well, so have been on the hunt for one not from KEH considering their internaitonal shipping costs an arm and a leg.
    I ordered from them on ebay. I ordered the 127kl 180kl and 250kl all in new condition. I sent them a message and asked them if they would combine shipping. They did and it saved a bit of money. It worked out cheaper than keh for me and i'm in the US. I haven't ordered from their website, but if it is the same place, I wouldn't hesitate to.
    You could try sending them an email about the lenses not on ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They don't have any wides listed on their site, the widest being 90mm

Still waiting to hear back on the message I sent to musashi camera, they sell used but are obviously cheaper and have had perfect feedback.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don't bother with used for that common an RB lens. There is almost no price difference between "excellent" and "new" for RB lenses. Unless you really want an older lens for its particular character, go with new.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Don't bother with used for that common an RB lens. There is almost no price difference between "excellent" and "new" for RB lenses. Unless you really want an older lens for its particular character, go with new.
    Thanks, I ended up pulling the trigger on the original one from Sanpou Camera after what you said. I really wanted 50mm rather than 65mm since I am a hound for ultrawide angles, so I figure I'll get this one (127mm KL) now and watch for a bargain on a 50mm later on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, I would suggest going for the 65, it is truly superb lens and unfortunately the RB 50s are not in the same class. Also, the 65 is rather inexpensive, even new. Consider tracking down a 6x8 back if you really ewant the extra bit of angle. Note that some people do report good results withthe RB 50, but after trying the RZ 50 uld... well I shan't say more. It just depends what you want from the lens.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    I am just about to pull the trigger with Sanpou Camera on a KL/127 3.5 for my ProSD. I am based in Ireland so postage will be about the same from Jap-land or the US. Perhaps you will drop in here and let us know what you think of your new lens when you get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got it in the mail today. I pulled the trigger last Tuesday, the seller sent it within about two hours of me paying (granted, Australia and Japan only have an hour or two different, may be different if you are in vastly different timezones), and provided me with a tracking number. The tracking didn't help much, I guess whoever was handling it wasn't too diligent about updating the tracking as I've got entries tracking its departure from Japan and after it left Melbourne the tracking stopped. It took my girlfriend coming back home to find it by my door to bring it to my attention, I was expecting a personal delivery. But that says more about the Australian postage system than anything else, so I can't fault the seller for that.
    As for the lens itself, I present to you the unboxing:

The package

The side view where there has been some dents, probably at the airport

As you can see, the actual box itself is very well cushioned with wrapping paper

... and also bubble wrap

A brand new lens inside the box

The actual lens itself

Everything works, the shutter fires properly and there's no fungus, the lens is like factory new, it's pristine and there is no fungus on the lens. If I didn't know better, I'd think that this lens was made fairly recently, I think Mamiya still has a limited production of new lenses?
    I'm going to take this baby to the beach later today and run a couple of rolls through and put this through its paces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin