Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,382   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Best place to purchase used mamiya 7

Hi all, Im looking to purchase a used mamiya 7 but fear that buying from ebay may result in me wasting my hard earned money by purchasing a faulty camera. Any advice or possible link to a more trusted place to purchase one or would ebay be ok?

Shooter
    35mm
    KEH?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I bought a Mamiya 7 body and 80mm lens from a seller on Ebay ten years ago and the camera is still going strong. No guarantees, of course, but Ebay has pretty good buyer protection policies. Just be sure to buy from someone with a long selling history and lots of feedback.

I also sold a Mamiya 7 body (different one) a year ago on Ebay for only $465! Such are the vagaries of the marketplace. Deals can be had but risks must be taken.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ebay almost certainly will have the best potential for deals, but it may take some patience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought local - but would also buy from the buy and sell here, rangefinder forum, or Fred Miranda.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jaime - can I ask how did you do the phone scan of the negative??

Shooter
    Multi Format

Check the seller, more than the camera on ebay.

I have purchased several cameras on ebay and the advice I would give is to check out how much the seller knows about the camera. I bought one that the seller said he didn't know much about this camera and it showed. It was a RB 67 Pro S and it had problems with the mirror staying up when you cocked the shutter. I did wish to send it back but we worked out a slight refund. After tripping the shutter about 50 times, it started working fine. I plan to get some repairs on it when I have the money, but I have used it and it takes great pics. Another RB67 Pro S I bought worked but had some problem with the double exposure not working. Later another problem developed and I had both of them fixed. I now figure any camera I buy on ebay will cost and extra amount for repairs. You can't expect the guy that is selling his late father in laws camera to know enough to check that the cable release works or that the shutter speeds are 100% accurate if he doesn't even know how to load film in the thing. However, if you are buying from a person that has used it for years then you should have a good chance of getting a good camera as long as they are honest. Most ebayers are. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for KEH.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also vote for KEH, at least there is a return policy.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    +1 on KEH.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin