Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,204   Online: 1187

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hasselblad 503CW and 80mm CFE for $1450 - should I jump?

Please don't hate me for posting one of those "how much is it worth" posts

I've had a couple of Hasselblad's, and while I don't use them all that much they have always served me well. The last one I had was a 501CM that fell to it's death (hit the ground). Now I have the chance to buy another kit consisting of a 503CW, 80mm f/2.8 CFE and the usual A12 and WLF. The price is around $1450, which to me seems to be a good price. I'm assuming it is an early version of the 503CW (ISO800). Everything is in fine, working order. Cosmetically EX or better.

Is this something to jump at? I'm not all that fussed about the difference between, say a 501CM and the 503CW - as I never use flash. And I know that I can probably get a 501CM and 80mm CF and save a few hundrer - but if it makes sense in a financial way, I might as well go for it now. I did the eBay complete search, but these things are all over the place.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    if you never use flash, go for something other than a 503. Save the money and get another lens. Also may not be worth getting a CFE??

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Check the prices at KEH.com to get an idea of what they sell for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a good price. A few years ago the same set up but with 'lower" models than the 503CW, like the 503CX were going for that at KEH and Samys. Since the prices have gone up.

Do not feel bad about the
    Please don't hate me for posting one of those "how much is it worth" posts
    posts. $1500US is a lot of money and one wants to be sure.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin