Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 786

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    Yes, that is a given. I should have asked if anyone is still using film to make money rather than narrowing it down to medium format. Some answers have surprised me. That people would buy film prints over that other type of photography was one. It was interesting too that one person said they sold their prints on line. I have heard that a 16X20 is the best size to sell as people can transport them easily and yet see them on the wall from a distance. I don't pretend to be a great photographer, however I will say that I have seen the work of those that are. At least I know good work when I see it. That is better than some. Ric.
    Commercially, I'm still shooting some food and product shots on 4x5 E6. As far as art goes, it's been film all the way, with some forays into making large digital negatives for big alt process prints, but the prints are analog in the end. With the art stuff, I don't have to sell the format, just the result, and those results have had very good feedback, so I wouldn't and don't hesitate to use analog processes as part of a profitable workflow.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I do photography to get away from how I earn my living...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Evan Clark ++

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (Evan Clark ++)2
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've always liked the marketing expression: Sell the sizzle, not the Steak. I wonder if it would be easier to make money from your darkroom?

I started a new thread:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum41/1...ml#post1285087

Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin