Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,864   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    That's right Dan, parallax is only significant at a distance of less than ten times of the focal length of the lens in use, so in the case of a 75 mm lens on a Rollei it would be 750mm.
    Interesting. I could swear that I've noticed it at further distances. I can line something up in the viewfinder, say the top of a pole at four feet and a door opening in the background. In the image, the pole seems tighter to the top of the opening than I remember in the framing. Of course, this is both a small difference, and more precision than I expect from a TLR. It could also simply be my memory playing games- well that shot isn't as nice as I thought, I know! it must be parallax, not my poor composition!!

Shooter
    35mm
    While not technically a Rolleiflex, my Art Deco 'Cord from the mid-'30's has parallax compensation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin