Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,067   Online: 882

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    and what about here!!!!

Shooter
    Pinhole

Mamiya c330

Hi
    Is there anyone who could tell me more about the mamiya c330?
    My granddad promised me I would get it if I knew everything about the camera.
    So if you would like to tell me the basics of the mamiya please contact me

Robin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In France, we use to say "Face de bouc" for Fbook. It means "Goat's face". That's a perfect definition ! On Fbook there are noboby older than thirteen years old so I'm not sure that anyone on Fbook knows what a Rolleiflex is. There are many Forums as Apug and the Rollei List dedicated to MF photography. No need for an other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by robinB View Post
    Hi
    Is there anyone who could tell me more about the mamiya c330?
    My granddad promised me I would get it if I knew everything about the camera.
    So if you would like to tell me the basics of the mamiya please contact me

Robin
    Hi Robin:

Welcome to APUG.

I'm guessing that you might be fairly young.

I would suggest that you start your own thread about this in the medium format cameras part of the forum. It would help if you included with your question some information about what knowledge and experience you do have with cameras, and what you want to do with them, so that we could better tell what might be helpful.

I've been using a Mamiya C330 for about 35 years, but when I started I had already used a few cameras, and had worked a fair bit in a darkroom, so it was much easier for me to decide that it would be good for me.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Heck I just created a fake FB account. Might just go sniff around this Rollei group
    Jerry

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    dpurdy is right - the FB Rollei group has a ton of activity. I just checked the APUG group and it appears to have dried up.

I too am "against" FB, but I do have a throw-away GMAIL account...so I signed up to FB with a fictitious name, DOB, etc. Poof. I was in.
    It was that easy. At least now I have the ability to check some of these sites out. I have no intention of getting into the "friending" business, I just wanted the ability to check out the occasional site on FB.

My Rollei will come back from CLA tomorrow via UPS. I'm looking forward to "looking down".

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like anything on the internet, FB is what you make of it. That goes for APUG too.

And yes, the FB Rollei group has a lot of activity. I'm especially impressed by the quality of the photography. Some real nice pictures pop up on occasion.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys - sorry for not checking in on here for a second.

To address the concerns voiced above about facebook vs. apug communities - here's how I see it, while groups like apug and tpf are a concentrated wealth of knowledge and are a great resource for those who know about their existence, they are also very plentiful while facebook is pretty ubiquitous. Plus I really do think that their purposes are different - facebook is not as good of a platform for meaningful learning (though those who really want to do that succeed to some degree I'm sure) while more specific groups like apug are perfect for that while they may not be great at connecting an artist in CA with a journalist in Russia with a doctor in Egypt and so on just because they actually all share one random passion (such as shooting Rollei cameras).
    Our group is set to 'public' so anyone can see the images that members post. The comments are usually quite mild, but people rarely post anything that can be really torn into it (when they do I try to speak up for the arts sake). I just added the 2070th member this morning - people do come and go, but we get to see some consistent work from all genres.
    I do love this forum though, there are some really thoughtful and articulate folks here. I do wish that I was was on here more often, but the bus has been eating up all my time. What? You haven't heard of THE BUS yet? Well, I think some of you might like it
    Check it out and if you feel like supporting please pass on the word: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Peace!

P.S. Dennis - Hi Nice pictures, keep posting. I love that we can scroll through the 1500+ images in that gallery and see shots from all over the world of every subject matter and most of it excellent quality. (I do hope some of the folks in that group start paying more attention to the processing and scanning cause once they do that they'll have superb stuff too)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a Rollei user too, but I would not want to be on Facebook. I know that newspapers look upon it as a source of free pictures. Facebook is the first place they search if they want pictures of someone they can't find elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philbed View Post
    In France, we use to say "Face de bouc" for Fbook. It means "Goat's face". That's a perfect definition ! On Fbook there are noboby older than thirteen years old so I'm not sure that anyone on Fbook knows what a Rolleiflex is. There are many Forums as Apug and the Rollei List dedicated to MF photography. No need for an other.
    I am on Facebook more often than any other site, because that is where my friends and family can most often be found, as we live very far apart. That said, I use APUG, Flickr and other sites for Photography related content. fwiw I am closer now to 50 than 40, and so are many of my Facebook friends.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin