Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,277   Online: 919

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Horses for courses. If my end product was 11x14 or smaller I would choose a 35mm camera. But if your intention is indoor shooting as you mentioned "My intention is to use this camera handheld and with enough speed to be used indoors." and it revolved around portraits or such then I would think about a MF body. The 35mm is obviously your multi use tool that covers weddings, music concerts, children and action work easily besides lens stabilization that came latter, and 645 does give the bigger neg, but in the end the 645 is just a awkward handling body to me compared to a 6x6. I owned a 645Pro and it always seemed an between format that suffered inadequacies in speed, TTL flash and metering to the smaller size, and in format size to the larger formats such as 6x7 and 6x9; A middle child more or less. Of course this was my impression and there are many who will sing it's praises. I say buy one and find out. All that will happen is you will have to sell it. Btw, I owned the 55mm for the pro and I was mostly un-impressed at the negs. The 80 was nice. If I were to go D at some point your older 35mm lenses will work in the brand except in Canon.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would say the Pentax 645NII would work very well for you. I have always preferred MF over 35mm for the quality. 35mm is going to give you faster optics, but I just can't kick the quality of the larger film size. Yes, you can certainly handhold a 645NII at 1/30.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the Bronica SQ/ETRI and Mamiya 645 cameras, are the backs generally reliable? I haven't looked into this too much but I've heard that film flatness can be a problem with Hassy's. If I go with a 645 SLR then the ability to carry multiple backs would be a big plus if they're reliable and easy to swap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can't speak for the bronnies, but the mamiya backs are all very good in my experience. I never bothered with older ones, I always get the newest. The swap is easy and quick.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin