Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,473   Online: 866

Shooter
    35mm RF

flash photography with a hasselblad 503cw

what exactly do i need to shoot ttl with my new hassey? can i jsut run any flash direct? how does the camera meter and tell the flash how much flash to out put?

Shooter
    35mm
    If you go with Metz flashes check out this page
    http://www.metz.de/index.php?eID=tx_...19f230cb4d7ed3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will need a flash that has SCA adapter capability.......that will provide the small circular plug that plugs into the side of the camera to tell the flash when to shut down the exposure. Metz, as previously stated, and Sunpak also make flash units that can be used with the 503CW. Sunpak has an H2-A adapter that attaches to their flash units with two cords on it. One is the regular flash synch cord that goes to the lens plug and the other plugs into the side of the 503CW body to control exposure. The Sunpak TTl120j is their top model that will work with the 503CW. I believe that make lesser models that will also work with their adapter.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use my Nikon SB-800 on my Hasselblad 503 CX with no problems. The SB-800 knows what to do. Of course the feature of reading the light bouncing off the film is not used, but the photographs are properly exposed.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin