Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,544   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Does it rotate? Being the sort of person who sometimes turns a 6x6 folder through ninety degrees to get a better composition, I would appreciate that option!
    Rotating a 6x6 folder I can fully understand

But no need with the RB..
    I shoot hybrid, and it's ok.. . :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had a friend that bought a Russian folder after reading an article in one of the forums, and from what I remember having looked at it, I believe it had three formats available and self masking by selection. I know for sure it had two at least which I believe were 6x7 and 6x9 and I think the 3rd one was 6x6. From what I recall he sold it off after seeing the results. Maybe someone here knows of the model.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Gilde 66-17 MST will shoot all the formats from 6x6 to 6x17. It has an internal mask and so you can switch formats in mid-roll. Naturally, view cameras can shoot many format by changing the back--Sinar made a back that goes from 6x4.5 to 6x12. The new Fuji rangefinders will do both 6x6 and 6x7. Holga will do 6x4.5 and 6x6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMac View Post
    GX680III will do 645-6x8. It can also be used to hammer railroad spikes or as a wrecking ball if necessary.
    I didn't even know it worked as a camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Does it rotate? Being the sort of person who sometimes turns a 6x6 folder through ninety degrees to get a better composition, I would appreciate that option!

Steve.
    Would that be 90 degrees left, right, up, or down?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyMac View Post
    GX680III will do 645-6x8. It can also be used to hammer railroad spikes or as a wrecking ball if necessary.
    We have a GX680(I) that students can check out -- I usually suggest that they not try to hand-hold it! The Rolleicords and the Fuji 6x7 see more use for that reason. But the GX680 is an impressive machine! Unless there are different backs, our early GX680 is just 6x8.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Would that be 90 degrees left, right, up, or down?
    Usually right (or clockwise) although I have taken a few pictures of the sky and my feet (though not at the same time).

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Don't know a quadri-format MF camera.
    But dual-format with automatic film advance and exposure counter functioning for both formats, switchable in mid-roll, is the amazing (and uncommon) Bessa 466, launched in 1938.
    A true technology marvel from it's time!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kerne View Post
    I was reading a book today (yep, made from real dead trees) on camera history and got to wondering if there were any MF cameras designed and made (possibly with masks) to cover all the major MF sizes - 6x4.5, 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9. I wouldn't expect such a beast to stray much further into the panoramic class - 6x12 or higher, but that would be interesting.

I know several folders have masks to cover both 6x4.5 and 6x6 or similar arrangements. But aside from fabricating masks for my own 6x9 Ikonta folder, was there ever a model designed specifically to cover all four sizes?

Cheers,
    -- David N.
    I had a Horseman VH and used all of those sizes on it. In addition to the horseman 6x9 back and sheet holders, it took all the RB backs, 645 through 6x8, so it was easy.

The RB has a 6x8 back, so... close to 6x9 but not quite!

The main issue with a camera covering all these formats and doing it well is that for smaller formats you typically want better corrected lenses with smaller image circle, whereas for larger format you could usually care less. This is the classic lens advanateg versus format advantage debate. Mind you, some of the lenses can do both and quite admirably.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin