Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,599   Online: 910

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Have you considered a TLR? A Mamiya c220 or c330 are wonderful rigs and the lenses are superb!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post

. . .

But I don't feel like I have to have a security detail along to protect my investment.

Good morning;

Oh, man, you must live in a really nice neighborhood. The guys around here do not even know the difference from 35mm to Medium Format or Digital! They just see "Camera!" and think they can get money for it.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What about the Mamiya RZ system? The backs come in various from 645, 6x6, and 6x7. Just change the back and the size of the negative changes. It is very versatile and still manufactured...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joooorsh View Post
    Ultimately I want a MF camera with WLF without the size of my buddy's RZ67 or the price of a Blad. Is there a similar system that might be worth spending a couple hundred more on?
    I had a SQB before getting a 'blad, very nice camera, the lenses are great and with a WLF it is fairly light, I certainly wouldn't have a problem spending a day out with it plus an extra lens in the bag for it. The only suggestion I'd make is to try and get one of the newer models, SQAi or SQB depending what features you want, as the SQ/SQA bodies are now 25-40 years old.

I also had an ETRS but I if I want a smaller rectangular format vs 6x6 I'm happy with the convenience of 35mm cameras. It was a nice camera though and the image quality just as good. You do need a prism for it though, unless you limit yourself to landscape orientation.
    500ELX, 80CB
    RB67 SD, 65KL, 90KL, 127KL, 250KL
    Nikonos V, 35/2.5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    What about the Mamiya RZ system? The backs come in various from 645, 6x6, and 6x7. Just change the back and the size of the negative changes. It is very versatile and still manufactured...
    ...and he specifically said he doesn't want a camera as big as a RZ...

500ELX, 80CB
    Nikonos V, 35/2.5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KarnyDoc View Post
    How about a nice Hasselblad 500C/M? It was serviced/overhauled by Hasselblad USA in August 2005.

The kit of lens, A12 back, and body with WLF is $700 plus shipping.

Details can be seen at http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pho/2731994246.HTML

Dieter Zakas
    ...and he specifically said he doesn't want a camera with a Hasselblad price...

I'd add that since he wants a 40 for indoors shooting, going the Hasselblad way will be much more expensive. You can get a SQB kit and a 40 for less than the price of a Hasselblad 40CT alone.
    500ELX, 80CB
    Nikonos V, 35/2.5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could look into a TLR or even a RB67.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Agree Jeff!

Shooter
    35mm
    Decided I need 6*7 so now I'm looking for a P67 kit...

Going to be a while before I find one I can afford.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin