Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,010   Online: 674

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never had a problem with my SQ-A, I always got amazing results from this camera. The AE prism works great if you know what you are doing and makes the camera really fast!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had my SQ-A kit for about 5 years with fairly extensive use, and have never had any problems with the electronic shutter being faulty. In fact, I haven't even had to replace the battery yet! The only real issue that I've had is replacing the light trap / seals on my 120 and 220 backs, which I consider routine maintenance with most older camera gear.

I've been very happy with the SQ-A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JonPorter View Post
    The Bronica SQ is a wonderful 6x6 system with excellent lenses that are very affordable. I've had the SQ-A, SQ-Ai and SQ-B. The only problem I ever had was with the batteries in my SQ-Ai. Bronica had to compromise the camera to fit in the TTL flash circuitry by switching to four button batteries instead of the standard 6V battery. Button batteries were designed for 1970s 35mm cameras, not 120 SLRs. I finally got so fed up hassling with them that I sold the camera and bought an SQ-B
    But four button cells are the functional equivalent to one 6V battery. I've opened 6V silver oxide batteries, both Mallory PX28 and Eveready 544, and inside were four button cells. So there is no real difference. If there was a problem with your SQ-Ai it might have been with the battery holder or some other issue. If you didn't like the fiddling with button cells, well there is that about them.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin