Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,989   Online: 881

Shooter
    Large Format

need to repair cameras-where?

Okay, I have a couple TLRs that need repair, and I have yet to find a place that will work on them-most places deal with smaller formats or just not the brands I have.
    I have a Seagull that went and lost its focus adjustment, and I would like to be able to use close focus and fit it back in its case.
    Also, I have a rolleimagic II with a shutter out of adjustment. The meter doesn't work, although I have hears selenium meters can usually be brought back to life. Either way, I use the manual override, but the shutter either sticks, or the timing mechanism isn't working.
    Does anyone know of a place that would be willing to repair these cameras? I really want to get them working again. I really enjoy the Seagull I happen to possess, so i really want to find a place that will actually repair it, as well as a place that will repair the rollei.
    Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used KEH Repair for several 35mm and a couple of TLRs (Yashica). Been happy with the results. Not the cheapest, but quick, competent service.

Could also give Garry's Camera Repair a call. He has done numerous 35mms for me. Not sure if he does TLRs, but his service was good and prices were great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    zacks camera repair is an apug advertiser / sponsor and pretty much works on everything ...
    i have used them and they are reliable too ...
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Discoman, where you are located?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    Discoman, where you are located?
    Northern California

Shooter
    Large Format
    I checked with Zacks Camera Repair to see if they could service these two cameras, as most places will not fix rolleimagic series cameras, and I have yet to hear anything back from them.
    The selenium cell also needs to be repaired or replaced, and I did manage to find a company that still makes brand new selenium cells.
    http://www.otc.co.uk/megatron/homepage.html makes the new cells of various sizes and sensitivity ratings.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think Megatron is out of business... I can see this in their front page

"
    Megatron closed down operations at the end of February 2010. OTC provides these Megatron pages for information only.
    "

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin