Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,607   Online: 1050

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use my ETRS mostly for street shooting, it's my favorite portable. I love using my 150mm lens for general use. Perhaps getting use to street shooting an RB67 may have helped develope good hand held techniques.

In all honesty, both the Mamiya n the Bronica 645s are wonderfull cameras as far as portablility n hand held MF cameras go. It's a nice in between overlooked format that yeilds amazingly sharp images.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agreed. With modern emulsions, 6cm X 4.5cm is very adequate. You can always increase resolution by going larger, but then for the same framing, focal length increases, and for the same aperture and shutter speed, DOF suffers. Sometimes, that's fine, sometimes you can just tighten up and lengthen exposure. But 645 is still a great format for 90 percent of shots. I've seen landscapes from 645 cameras that I could not tell weren't shot on 4x5.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I use the M645 handheld. This model has two shutter buttons, one on the front and one on top. Maybe the front one can help overcome 'finger impulse'?

Not everyone shooting film is trying to make money.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a Bronica lover,have three different ETR models and I believe for hand holding the speed grip is a welcome addition.The 250mm lens requires some pretty fantastic technique to hand hold at slower speeds however.
    Regards,Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've routinely shot my Mamiya 645 at 1/30 or higher without a tripod with good results. Of course, a tripod is an insurance against camera shake but if you have a choice of either no picture (because you don't have a tripod with you) or the shot without one, I'd definitely not pass up a good photo op. Heck, I've even hand held my RB with the 90mm 3.8 with excellent results. It seems that the heavier camera provides a steadier platform.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by agfarapid View Post
    I've routinely shot my Mamiya 645 at 1/30 or higher without a tripod with good results. Of course, a tripod is an insurance against camera shake but if you have a choice of either no picture (because you don't have a tripod with you) or the shot without one, I'd definitely not pass up a good photo op. Heck, I've even hand held my RB with the 90mm 3.8 with excellent results. It seems that the heavier camera provides a steadier platform.
    As long as it isn't so heavy your muscles start quivering (which is also affected by how and how long you hold it of course) the heavier camera sure is steadier. Mass is proportional to inertia. Newton lives! This is often overlooked by the fans of the tiniest, lightest cameras possible. I like their convenience as much as anyone but for stability a bit of mass does wonders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin