Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,207   Online: 1170

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dioptric correcton lens +1.0: Nikon F100 & Pentax 67 interchangeability?

Somewhere I have picked up information (Pentax forum??) that the dioptric correction lens that fits a Nikon F100 (probably others) is a direct exact fit for the Pentax 67 viewfinder bezel? Can anybody shed light on this and advise of actually fitting from F100 to 67 without modification? It seems to me correction lenses for the F100 are more widely available than those for the 67. Ta.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know the Nikon ones fit the Bessa cameras. Just remember the actual power is one more positive than indicated on the lens. So, if you need a "-3" use one marked "-4" if it is not going on a Nikon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, no. The Pentax 67 standard prism eyepiece is slightly larger than the F100/HP eyepiece. And I assume the Pentax meter prism eyepiece is the same size as the non-meter prism's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JonPorter View Post
    Sorry, no. The Pentax 67 standard prism eyepiece is slightly larger than the F100/HP eyepiece. And I assume the Pentax meter prism eyepiece is the same size as the non-meter prism's.
    I have the Pentax TTL prism. Just now I've unscrewed the eyepiece and heading off the Sin City to bootscoot 'round the favourite haunts for a possible lens from a Nikon eyepiece. Separate communication in the last 24 hours has strongly indicated there is a known workable match with one of the Nikon lenses, if not for the F100. Which one of several if what I'm setting out to establish today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back in studio again, I can confirm the following, for others who may be interested.
    The eyepiece dioptric correction lenses for Nikon F3, F3HP are an exact fit for the Pentax 67 TTL prism (probably other finders too). I came back with a +2D correction and found it much too strong (out of focus), so stepping back to +1.0.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +2D correction and found it much too strong
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Just remember the actual power is one more positive than indicated on the lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad you found a match. But F3 eyepieces won't work. They're smaller than the F100's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Let's hope the +1 lens now being ordered in is the +1 I need!

Shooter
    35mm
    The F3 eyepiece is smaller than the F3HP eyepiece.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon uses two thread sizes for the eyepiece - TTBOMK the F3 and the F3HP take different sizes, which may be the cause for some of the confusion. Nikon makes an adapter that goes between the sizes, though the adapter is meant for right-angle finders. There are also two flange diameters - sometimes you can get an eyepiece that fits [screws in] only to find it won't let you open the camera back.

Nikon viewfinders are set so the screen looks like it is 1 meter away with a flat glass eyepiece - or '-1' diopter. A eyepiece marked '0' is actually a +1 lens that with the finder's -1 makes 0 - and so the screen looks to be at infinity. A lens marked +2 will actually be a +3, when mounted to the finder the combination is +2.

I am nearsighted but keep '0' marked eyepieces on my Nikons. Normally this would be a correction for a farsighted person. But with age my eyes have lost their accomodation and with my glasses on I find I am now farsighted - so a '0' lens makes perfect sense.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin