Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,261   Online: 808

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jochen View Post
    every Flex is more comfortable to use than a Cord because of the crank and the self cocking shutter.
    True but the wind on and separate shutter cocking of the Rolleicord is hardly inconvenient. Less to go wrong too!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    True but the wind on and separate shutter cocking of the Rolleicord is hardly inconvenient. Less to go wrong too!
    AMEN. I used a Rolleicord Vb for more years that I'd like to admit. I didn't often have "Rolleiflex envy". I've never felt inconvenineced by the knob, or the manual cocking, or the screen brightness... nor the Xenar lens. Some of my best photography was done with a 'cord.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although easier said than done: patience. Through the years, keeping an eye out, and pouncing when found I've discovered Rolleiflexes for $150-200. Good ones too. 3.5E3 Xenotar and 2.8E Planar. $250 for that 'cord, even a V, is way too much. Heck, there was a really nice III here on this site for $135 not too long ago.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds a little to high me also, check out KEH,

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    zack's camera repair ( apug advertiser he has a block ad )
    overhauled my rolleicord 1a/3 and it runs like new
    email and ask how much he charges for a complete overhaul
    and deduct that from a "working" model's price .. and offer
    the seller that price ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 12-14-2011 at 12:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently bought a Rolleicord Vb on ebay and paid 200euros (150$, way too much!) - it turned out to badly need repair which cost me another 300€, so now I probably have one of the most expensive 'Cords in Europe! But it takes beautiful pictures - and I don't think I would be better off with a 'Flex (except of course if it were a 2.8 ).
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    AMEN. I used a Rolleicord Vb for more years that I'd like to admit. I didn't often have "Rolleiflex envy". I've never felt inconvenineced by the knob, or the manual cocking, or the screen brightness... nor the Xenar lens. Some of my best photography was done with a 'cord.
    I chose my 'cord over the 'flex for exactly that reason actually, I like the knob wind more than the crank (plus it is easier to fix and there is less to go wrong there mechanically). My 'cord is a model III and I can do multiple exposures with it which is a great bonus too! I have also replaced my focusing screen just last week with a Rick Oleson screen and the camera is just about perfect. My Xenar is needle sharp and I have no desire for a Planar or Xenotar really.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Save your money for what you really want. Remember you are not buying a camera, you are buying a "system".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too much. I agree with the other poster; wait for your Rolleiflex. OTOH, if you have money to burn; don't think it twice; but the 'cord: work on it AND get your Rolleiflex. I have both. My pics are as good with one as the other.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin