Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,518   Online: 1203

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Joooorsh View Post
    What about the grips?

And how can I tell which AE prisms are for which camera? I see AE prisms on 6*7 kits and also on 67II kits bit with no distinction as to which prism is which in individual listings....
    I think they are very different, there is no way you could fit 67II prism on 6X7 vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    My KATA case is excellent. I've found I have ample room for my Sekonic, a few filters, cable release, notebook, munchies, scalpel, pepper spray and spider. Everything a serial menace with a monster camera needs.
    Can you give me link to the KATA bag? I'd like to haul the monster pentax with a tiny d*g*t*l and if possible have some room for hiking needs. Currently using Tamrac Adventure, it doesn't have enough room for the spare d*g*t*l.

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the link to my bag. I highly recommend it for its many different layout options. The 67 lies lens-down for quick access and is supported by 'box' wings either side. Additional little nooks to hold filters etc. Very, very well made and thought out (designed in Israel I believe). AUD$95

http://www.kata-bags.com/dc-445-for-...5-lenses-flash
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's the link to my bag
    The P6x7 that I've got for sale in the classifieds includes a bag

Although for actual use, if I'm going to just use one lens on a particular session I'll use my Lowepro "sling", otherwise I'll use a much larger Lowepro Vertex.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's the link to my bag. I highly recommend it for its many different layout options. The 67 lies lens-down for quick access and is supported by 'box' wings either side. Additional little nooks to hold filters etc. Very, very well made and thought out (designed in Israel I believe). AUD$95

Thanks! I always thought video bag will be more suitable for 67! I'll check the actual size when I visit the local shop. Hope I won't get charged 'inspection fee'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    Thanks! I always thought video bag will be more suitable for 67! I'll check the actual size when I visit the local shop. Hope I won't get charged 'inspection fee'.

That was my guiding philosophy too after seeing how big video cameras bedded down in this and other cases with consummate ease.
    One trick I employed was to take a tape measure with me, having established the dimensions of the Pentax 67 (height 16cm, width 20cm [with SMC 55mm f4] length 19cm. This is one nitty-gritty task I couldn't leave to chance with FleaBay.

—Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What KATA you end up with?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    What KATA you end up with?

—Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Pentax 6x7 and 67 accept an older TTL viewfinder. The newer 67II body accepts an AE finder that is quite a nice piece. The AE finder for the 67II offers several metering options - center weighted, spot and a dual zone six zone matrix metering.

There is also a significant viewfinder brightness difference between the 6x7 / 67 series and the 67II series. The 67II series viewfinder is natively much brighter that the older series. You can get a brightscreen focusing screen for the older series, but it is somewhat expensive.

If weight is no issues, take a look at the 67II body with the AE finder as well as the excellent 55-100mm zoom (and if you an afford it the 90-180mm zoom).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin