Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 746

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Some Pentax 6*7 questions

So I'm looking at picking up a 67 body in the new year, but firstly I just wanted to make sure of a few things.

I'm assuming the AE finder from the 67II and the wlf from the 6*7 will both mount on the 67 body. Is this correct?

Will the 67II grip mount on the 67 body? KEH only has the 67II grip.

And who wants to sell me one for cheap cheap cheap?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No 67 and 6x7 are same 67ii is different beast altogether. Lens will work, just not the prisms

Shooter
    35mm
    What about the grips?

And how can I tell which AE prisms are for which camera? I see AE prisms on 6*7 kits and also on 67II kits bit with no distinction as to which prism is which in individual listings....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The wood left-hand grip works for both.

The TTL prism (it has a little swing arm thing on the side) and standard 67/6x7 prism works for both models. The AE meter is for the 67II body.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got a wooden grip for my 6x7 as well as one for my 67ii, and they appear to be the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adding wooden grips adds weight, and quite likely that's the last thing you want above its base specs.
    Besides which, you can stick any wooden grip (or grips, plural) on a beastly 67 s but it won't improve the primitivel boxy ergonomics one iota. Not that this beaming Pentax owner is going to gripe about ergonomics, weight or crook neck: I'm learning to live and love this clunker, even more so after seeing the first two rolls of ACROS from it!

EDIT: Fleabay is a good place to start for any 67 bodies of all shapes and sizes (and vintages) but the problem is in accurately and confidently (beyond reasonable doubt) assessing threadbare descriptions and images.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm 120 kilos so an extra couple in the hands won't really trouble me too much, I trust.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ^ Hmm. I'm 57kg and size of this beast does matter! Weight too... My neck is sore, my back is broke, my knees are wonk and I have no bag for this beast of burden at all. That will change today: a bag is now to hand. Hooray, no need to cart it around in an Esky anymore!

—Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    It'll fit in my domke. Just won't be able to take anything else out with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My KATA case is excellent. I've found I have ample room for my Sekonic, a few filters, cable release, notebook, munchies, scalpel, pepper spray and spider. Everything a serial menace with a monster camera needs.

—Anon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin