Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,277   Online: 838

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use the Contax 645 with the Hartblei super rotator.
    Does a fine job but no Auto anything.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another suggestion to consider a view (large format) camera with a roll film back. You can probably pick up a 4x5 rail-type large format camera, standard lens, and roll film back for a comparable (or lower) price as a medium format or 35mm format tilt/shift setup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unless you are rolling in cash, a medium format view camera is the most economical camera. Tilt-shift lenses for medium format cameras are some of the most expensive still camera lenses marketed.

If you just want perspective control, this can be done easily during printing if your enlarger has the capacity.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Graflex 23 with a rollfilm back?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's one for a Mamiya RZ. It costs as much as a view camera with a wide angle lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Shift_RZ.html

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    If you are wanting to alter the plane of focus to throw things out of focus, there are ways to do it by mounting the lens in a rubber plumbing coupling, or holding it loose by hand.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    If you are wanting to alter the plane of focus to throw things out of focus, there are ways to do it by mounting the lens in a rubber plumbing coupling, or holding it loose by hand.

Jon
    As long as the shutter is elsewhere.

Shooter
    35mm
    WOW! Thank you all for this wealth of information.. I seems like MF with a tilt shift option is CrAzY expensive.. I've been checking out a few of the option you guy's have pointed out and they seem simply unreasonable! Going for a 2x3 view camera really does seem like the only reasonable option but I was hoping to keep some of the portability afforded by an MF system. I might have to stick to a regular MF for now (with Jon's rubber coupling idea.. That seems fun!). And once I go for a view camera, I'll probably go straight to a 4x5 (or bigger) kind of system.
    But if you have any other ideas? I'm all ears!
    Once again.. Thank you!!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    the Rollei SL66 then, or the Fuji GX680.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look at the Hasselblad FlexBody [uses Hasselblad Zeiss lenses] and Hasselblad ArcBody [uses Rodenstock lenses]
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin