Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,167   Online: 851

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're really interested in 6x7 format, you can use a 4x5 camera and use a 6x7 roll back. A 90mm wide angle lens for 4x5 will have some what of a "normal" perspective on 6x7 film. The whole set up probably will be cheaper than a RZ tilt-shift lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bronica ETR series has a t&s lens. Rather scarce but out there. I seem to remember it was sourced from Zeiss.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rusbarsky View Post
    Graflex 23 with a rollfilm back?
    Yes, indeed. The Graphic 23 or Century models had somewhat inconvenient tilt with the bed dropped, modest shift, and ample rise. They don't have a rotating back for vertical framing. However, they are compact and less expensive than most other outfits with similar capabilities. 6x6, 6x7, and 6x9 roll film backs are available. I've also used sheet film holders with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the RZ has some good tilt-shift options. No one pays the prices for new RZ gear from B&H, btw.

The 75mm shift can regularly be had on ebay for $500-750, sometimes even less. It has 20mm of shift in any direction built in.

The RZ tilt-shift adapter is usually $500 - 1000, (they vary a lot) on ebay. With that you can use any RZ lens but the only ones that focus to infinity are the short-barrel 75mm and 180mm. The 75 SB can usually be found for $400-600, the 180SB can be found for $180-300 usually, also on ebay. The RZ tilt-shift adapter allows up to 10mm shift in any direction, plus 10 to 12 or so degrees of tilt. It can be hand-held but is slightly unwieldy. There's also a ground-glass back for the RZ which helps when using the T/S stuff, though it's not required.

The upside of all of the above vs. a 2x3 or 4x5 solution is the above is more portable for the most part, can be hand-held, and includes all the goodness of the RZ system (TTL metering, etc.).

That said, a 4x5 is much more flexible in terms of range of tilts and shifts, and probably not any more expensive (though not really a lot cheaper).

-Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like my Linhof 6x9:
    http://cameraquest.com/lint369.htm
    As a lens with ample shift I use a Wollensak 90mm f/6.8 with a Rapax shutter:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterlerman/5133464723/
    (It is not my lens - I searched this image on the www).
    This is quite small for a 90mm, and I put it into a lensboard which is retracted about 7mm (other 90mm are too large for this board).
    With this combination, which can be shifted quite a bit, I like to shoot architecture on a 6x7 rollfilm back - but of course it is an "oldtimer" setup.
    Heinz

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Linhof Technika series or the very similar Horseman 970/980 series have full movements, take Graflok roll film backs, and can also be used with their rangefinders as press cameras. There is also a 2x3 to 4x5 Horseman converter, though I should warn that the lenses built for the 970/980 don't allow much movement at 4x5. Lucking into a Horseman 980 with lenses and 4x5 back got me started in large format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Pentax 67 had a tilt-shift lens http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensrevi...hift-Lens.html

Of course you have the cost of the camera plus the cost of the lens - if you can find it! Of course the weight of this bad boy camera will help you stay in shape! I think the various folk who've suggested a 2x3 Speed Graphic have the most viable suggestion, assuming that 2x3 cut film remains available, not a foregone conclusion. The rollfilm back would make more films available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    maybe this lenses for Pentacon Six ?
    www pentaconsix com / shift htm

Shooter
    Medium Format

another vote for the Fuji GX 680 system

I'd urge you to look closely at the Fuji GX 680 system. I have a few bodies and also a few lenses. The largest negative size is 6 x 8 ! The front standard offers tilt and shift movements with all the lenses. Although with the widest lens - super wide 50mm the movements are more limited than with the other lenses. For the price of a Pentax 67 75mm shift lens (no tilt) you could have a 680 body, prism and waist level finder, 80mm lens, film back and maybe a 180mm lens. The lenses are wonderful, albeit a little slow - unless you invest in the 115mm f/3.2, 125mm f/3.2 or 180mm f/3.2 . They even have a 100-200mm zoom!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the Hartblei 45mm super rotator for my Pentax 645 outfit. The only reason this stays is for portability - as all the Fuji 680 lenses can be tilted and shifted on the 680 bodies (apart from the 680 IIIS body - mostly designed for the 100-200mm zoom and the heavier telephoto lenses to lessen torque from the weight of all that glass).

The Hartblei is very nicely made and feels solid, yet fluid in movements and focusing. A really nice piece of glass. And with an adapter it works with my Nikon F mount camera bodies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin