Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,452   Online: 705

Shooter
    35mm

Bronica SQ 65mm/4 a good lens?

I bought a kit that came with this lens.

My plan was go get an 80mm now and a 50mm later, but I jumped on this kit because it came with a bunch of other things that I wanted. I saw the 65mm as a freebie and that I can always sell the lens if it wasn't to my liking.

I haven't heard much about this lens but that's probably because it's quite a bit slow for a normal and narrow for a wide.
    Last edited by puketronic; 12-16-2011 at 12:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I liked this lens - I had it when I had my SQ-Ai setup. That was more a function of me preferring that focal length -- I love 35mm lens in the 135 format, and this lens is the rough equivalent in MF.

I had no issues with sharpness, etc. It was a bit rarer to see, but it did what I loved and I have the sharp, lovely negs to prove it.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 40mm is a spectacular lens as well and it would round out your system nicely with a 40, 65 and 80 as opposed to a 40, 50, 80 or just the 50 and 80.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like it. The 65mm give a slightly wide view without any perspective exaggeration. I think it's about equal to a 40mm lens on a 35mm camera. I also have the 80mm and 110mm, all PS series, all sharp and all use the same size filter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope this might help you: I have Bronica GS1, and I also have a 65mm f 4 PG. I have used that lens several times along with a 6x6 back. I do think that it's a terrific and most usefull focal length that might allow you to go around with it and a short tele and be very well set, for many situations.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin