Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,459   Online: 768

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best deal on the bay Pentax 645 body with the large eyecup, body cap ,strapand220 back $ 103 including shipping. I would say it's in the high end of bgn low excellent keh grade.After i bought it found out he had paid 400 for it a couple years ago from keh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best: KEH, Samys, Bel Air Camera, B&H, FreeStyle, APUG classified, APUG "FREE!! ...", Large Format Photography Forum, ...

Worst: My ex
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Worst: My ex
    An arranged marriage ?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Images
    Worked with someone in Ukraine to have a K88 built by Hartblei (The original). Sent payment and after a few months started kicking myself for being stupid. Person no longer answered e-mails, wife considered killing me, the hartblei became unreachable, they changed hands, then 6 months after purchase it showed up. It has worked flawlessly for the last 9 years.

I have been pretty lucky with camera equipment. I have not been so lucky with art off ebay. Bought a "#1 of 30 limited silk screen on cotton haida moon." that turned out to be a freaking bandana complete with sweat stains. Seller refused a refund even though they offered it. I contacted ebay and they never did anything. Only negative feedback ever left.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    An arranged marriage ?
    I could not see clearly 'cause my eyes had a mist from the smoke of a distant fire
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My worst experience was the Mamiya C220 I bought on eBay a few months back. It leaked light like crazy and is waiting patiently at Carol Flutat's for repair. KEH's prices have become so good that I don't think I'll be using eBay anymore. I just received an RB67 from them in great shape for $360 after shipping. Probably not the cheapest price I can find but it is a good balance between price and peace of mind.

The only person I've bought from here on APUG was Jim Galli. I don't think he's here anymore but he was a heck of a nice guy who always gave me a fair price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. The Rolleiflex I just picked up on eBay could end up as either the best deal I've ever gotten, or one of the worst. All depends on the repair quote...
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by borisdeswan View Post
    I bid on a 50mm f4.5 PG wide angle for Bronica GS1. I didn't feel to enthusiastic since it was purported to be excelent plus.I ended up with it after forking out $220. When It arrived inside the package in it's original box and warranty was a NEW lens...
    Oh you're breaking my heart! That was the one I wanted, but they were rare as hens teeth, when I was needing a WA, and the price - less than I paid for my 65mm. Will have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these again. . . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I could not see clearly 'cause my eyes had a mist from the smoke of a distant fire
    Was that the fire in your loins ?

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bleifus View Post
    The only person I've bought from here on APUG was Jim Galli. I don't think he's here anymore but he was a heck of a nice guy who always gave me a fair price.
    Jim still visits regularly - the lens mine seems to be inexhaustible.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin