Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,903   Posts: 1,584,563   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format

Help! Can you identify this film??

This is kinda embarrassing...

I shot this some time ago and have just "refound" it. Problem is, I don't know what film it is. Its marked as 100 ASA but I don't know which manufacturer. Its a current film though so hopefully someone here will recognize it.

Thanks for the help!

Ed

Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it could be Fomapan.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, looks like Fomapan to me. Is the paper seal of the non-lick kind (or whatever you call that)? If yes, then I'd definitely say it's Fomapan.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Load it onto a reel, pop it into the daylight tank, and in room light see if the now accessible head end of the backing paper has more information on it.

Otherwise look up what conventional 100 speed b&w films (if you are pretty sire it is b&w) take to develop in your developer and dilution of choice.

Don't be afraid to go a bit long; denser negs take longer to print; underdeveloped negs are a worse alternative. If they are difficult to pritn as dense, and are worth the effort, they can be reduced.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the ideas but I don't think its Fomapan. I don't think I've ever shot any, plus it looks like a "lick and seal" tab. I think its either Adox or Freestyle's house brand, Arista? I don't know, I do like to try different films so perhaps I did have some Fomapan and just don't remember... I have this and a couple rolls of Ilford to develop so I guess I'll do the Ilford first and then try Mike's idea and hope the other end of the backing paper says something more.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    arista edu ultra is fomapan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    arista edu ultra is fomapan
    Really? Freestyle sells both separately with Arista being about a buck cheaper...hmmm, good to know, and maybe this is then Fomapan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks exactly like the Arista Ultra.EDU film that I have here in the house.

This is Fomapan 100. No doubt about it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent, thank you Thomas! And thanks too, to everyone else. I appreciate it!!

Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin