Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 830

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rolleiflex 2.8F parts

Can anyone please help? I need a shutter charge spring for a Rolleiflex 2.8F shutter. I sure hope this doesn't happen too often..

Cheers, Razz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rolleiflex 3.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Contact a shutter repair outfit. Nothing absolutely specific to Rolleiflex with the design of the Synchro-Compur shutter in your camera. A place that handles large format cameras is a possibility. If you were in the US, there are places I could suggest, but I expect someone in your part of the world will recommend specific places.

On your photo, there is a small silver piece to the lower left of where this spring goes. It's a catch for the outer end of the spring itself. While reinstalling the spring on a similar shutter, that part simply cracked in half. A repair woman here in California says that she had never seen that part break in years of work on Synchro-Compurs, but that shutters seem to always find new ways to break. She sold me a replacement part. I bet finding a new main spring won't be difficult.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or, alternatively, perhaps you can find a cheap non-working camera with synchro-compur shutter and use it to find the required part.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In the TLR Forum on RFF you will find a guy named Brett in Tasmania who goes under the user name of "Sarcophilus Harrisii". If you're an RFF member you can send him a private message - he's pretty knowledgable about working on Rolleiflex. There's also a service technician in Sydney but I don't know of he will sell parts.
    Leica M6,
    Bessa R4A,
    Rolleiflex(s) 2.8/80, 4/135, 4/55.
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fuji X10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please state the dimensions of your spring. I may have something that will work for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Brian. Inside diameter is 5.5mm. I have springs from Prontors and Compurs, but they're smaller. Camera belongs to Stephen Dupont, so has probably survived the odd roadside bomb in Iraq...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry mate, mine measure smaller too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very disappointing that such a great camera has such a damn woeful parts backup. Surely there's someone with a stock of Rollei parts lying about?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you tried asking some of the folks who repair Rollei (or Compur shutters) as part of their normal business? Small parts are indeed difficult to find via ebay or forums! I've been trying for a while to find a part to a Graphex shutter -- I KNOW there are a jillion busted shuttters out there but they are likely deep in the bottom of people's junk drawers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by razzledog View Post
    Very disappointing that such a great camera has such a damn woeful parts backup. Surely there's someone with a stock of Rollei parts lying about?
    My understanding is that Synchro-Compur shutters are not made and replacement parts are not being made. So what is out there is, well, all that is ever going to be out there.

Here's a repair manual (download button on right side)-
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/44503560/C...-Repair-Manual
    Check measurement of your shutter to determine size- opening where lens goes and front to back flange distance should pop up on a chart. A Synchro-Compur on a Rolleiflex Automat MX-EVS is a '#00' size. So I assume the 2.8 shutter will be a #0 or #1. With a part number, you might be in a better position to talk to a variety of repair outfits. Still, "main spring, that circular thing Xmm across, on a Synchro-Compur #0" should be pretty obvious to a repair person.

Someone in the US that I have dealt with to get replacement parts on a #00; send an email and see if she has any suggestions?
    http://flutotscamerarepair.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin