Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,720   Posts: 1,670,070   Online: 879

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    On a tripod it is easy to compensate for verticals while using a WLF. With the camera in portrait orientation, stand to the side of the camera, facing it. Hold a small mirror like a makeup mirror to the WLF, angled at a 45 degree angle, and look down at it to view the screen. The image will be right side up and correct left to right.
    That tops any argument I could make for using a prism finder on a 645!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Well, so I don't have to carry more than 1 camera?

And, Why would I let the camera in hand dictate the final composition/crop? (as long as I only crop one way.)
    You could for instance carry a A16 back for 6x4.5 and A12 for 6x6...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pekelnik View Post
    You could for instance carry a A16 back for 6x4.5 and A12 for 6x6...
    You are right I could carry it but still, it's more stuff to worry about and to find pockets for and the weight adds up and if you are in a hurry to shoot ....

As we used to say in street racing "run what ya brung". No switching cars, gears, tires. The opportunity to race was a now or never, put up or shut up, no excuses, offer.

As to wasting film, i'll bet we all normally "waste" a lot more film in general shooting, than we ever do in cropping, and if we grab an opportunity and crop instead of grabbing a different back and missing, who wins?
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Get an F4 and a 50 1.8 for S&G and a hassy with the leftover cash.

Don't bother with 645, it's a stupid format, you'd be better off with a superior 35mm camera that a slow 645 camera.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin