Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,731   Online: 823

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RZ67 Pro II Beginner Questions

My new RZ67 II arrived today and I am looking forward to using it. I have been studying the manual, but I still have some questions. I'll try to ask only 1 question at a time.

First question: how do I tell whether the 50mm ULD and the 180mm soft focus lenses are RZ lenses or RB lenses? Do all RZ lenses have a Z in the nomenclature?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Do all RZ lenses have a Z in the nomenclature?
    Yes.

Of course you can use the RB lenses on the RZ.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Next question: If I use an RB lens, the shutter speed dial on the camera body has to be set to the correct position. Does this mean that the AE prism won't function, or is it still possible to use it in manual mode?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have an RZ II body here with me but look for the RBL setting. That is where you put it for RB Lenses, got it? And there won't be any auto anything, you have to do everything manually.

Oh and there is no RB uld lens. Alas that lens only exists in the RZ family. Likewise the 110/2.8.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, now I'm confused again about what I have. The 50mm lens doesn't have a Z in the inscription around the front of the lens, but it doesn't have a shutter speed dial and it definitely says ULD. The whole legend says ULD Mamiya M 1:4.5 f=50mm L. The 180mm says Mamiya SOFT (VSF) 1:4 f=180mm D/L, and again no shutter speeds on the lens. So are these RZ lenses or RB lenses?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are RZ lenses - I was just confused about what you were referring to when you said "nomenclature".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, they are RZ lenses.
    There is no shutter speed dial on Z lenses. Shutter speed dial is on the body.
    The 50mm lens doesn't have a Z in the inscription around the front of the lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin