Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,734   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sticky flaps are a weak point on Hasselblads -the CLA should fix it, but they need regular maintenance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As for not being able to push the shutter button when the backs are attached: The backs will prevent the button from being pressed after 12 exposures (i.e. at the end of the roll). Have you tried taking out the insert and putting it back in to reset the film counter?

Sorry if this was obvious.

Shooter
    35mm
    labcoat, there are no obvious things when you are new to the camera. But no, that is not the problem.
    Today I should see a man that worked in repairs his whole life, so I will see what he thinks. One thing I know is that now I can make the flaps spring back to closed position, all I have to do is pay attention to the little pin while attaching the back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    my guess is that the counter on both backs is on 12, so it signals not to fire anymore.
    take out the inserts, re-attach them and it should work again.

mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Nope, I reset both backs. No difference.
    Nothing like experienced hands and I don't want to risk doing more damage by working something that needs to be replaced, so I will wait for this guy and come back with his verdict.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Hasselblad is a "wet" camera, in that it has significant internal lubrication.

Over time that may dry out or become gummy, and cause operating problems. A good CLA will cure that.

I used to repair Hasselblads, and have corrected such problems on a number of them with a simple CLA.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    I just came back from the man who knows Hasselblads and verdict is just as simple as CLA. Should be done by Wednesday and should work like new. He didn't tell me what the problem is, but I will try to squeeze it out of him when I get the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    good luck and keep us updated!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks and will do.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, work on my Hasselblad is done and the price is 60% of the estimate. Me happy.
    Again, I will come back to say what the problem was, if I get to hear that info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin