Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,645   Online: 813

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have extension tubes for my Mamiya RZ67. It's worth noting that using extension tubes will give you a short range over which you can achieve focus; you don't just get closer focus, you lose longer focus. This may cause difficulties with portraits.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry to revive this thread, but the field of extension tubes for Mamiya 645 is pretty new to me. I have seen an ebay offer for Mamiya tubes. One set is called Mamiya GL, the other set (each consisting of tubes No. 1, 2 and 3) is called Mamiya HGF. Does anybody know the difference?
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.Goehler View Post
    Sorry to revive this thread, but the field of extension tubes for Mamiya 645 is pretty new to me. I have seen an ebay offer for Mamiya tubes. One set is called Mamiya GL, the other set (each consisting of tubes No. 1, 2 and 3) is called Mamiya HGF. Does anybody know the difference?
    I don't recognize either "GL" or "HGF" designations. I've looked at an accessory chart for the Pro-Tl system, the manuals for the Pro, the Super, the 1000s, the 645e and a couple of the AF cameras and there are only references to the 1, 2 and 3(s?) tubes.

Can you supply a link to the eBay auction? Is there any chance that these extension tubes are for another Mamiya format? Could the designation be specific to one market (Europe?).

There apparently is a special edition RB67 GL camera body between the Pro-S and the Pro-SD. I have never seen one of them.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those are not for mamiya 645. They lack the "rabbit ears"
    Best regards

Shooter
    35mm
    Great! Thanks very much.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had two sets of manual focus tubes for the M645/1000S/J and this week added the the tube for the 80 macro. I don't have the 80 macro yet but now I'm ready. A few months ago I got the 82mm long extensin tube for my Mamiya RB67 Pro S. It's pretty large.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the references to "GL" and "HG" are to stickers on the tubes that have something to do with quality inspections.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin