Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,533   Posts: 1,598,714   Online: 990

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nikkor 13/5.6

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's not an ideal design as it's retro focus, so it's not going to be cheap to make for that reason. I'd rather have a higher quality true wide angle lens for a rangefinder camera.

Ian
    I'm at work now and can't check my catalogs from the 80s but I don't think that's the case. It's rectilinear and mirror down. (Can't speak to the image quality; I traded mine for a Nikkorex because I couldn't find any curved filters.)

s-a

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's not an ideal design as it's retro focus,

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    ...but I don't think that's the case...

s-a
    <Sigh> Thanks waiter, but I'll be having the crow tonight...

s-a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It strikes me if I owned a 15mm f5.6 lens how often would I be able to use it because if I used it much my picture would be pretty boring.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    How old is the design of that lens compared to the 14mm Canon? How many years between the 2? Techniques have improved, reducing sizes and still gaining speed. I really wish we could see a few pics taken with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't see for practical photographic purposes regardless of the cost of these lenses they are of very limited use for everyday photography, unless you want most of pictures to be boring.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    FWIW, Nikon also has a 14/2.8. Shot with one this afternoon on my F5. The 14 is much more common than the 13, which was made special order only for its entire life.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 14mm sadly doesn't get much use. Its a sigma f3.5 that I got pretty cheap. Really awesome for once in awhile but I guess I am not creative enough to put it to more use besides run of the mill landscapes, shooting upwards from the ground, or doing funky effects like putting body parts at the edges of the frames, and odd close ups lol.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just some dickhead with too much money.

Too many rare/mint/unique/i-have-it-you-dont camera fetishists out there who aren't even photographers.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Just some dickhead with too much money.

Too many rare/mint/unique/i-have-it-you-dont camera fetishists out there who aren't even photographers.
    Very true, there's a big difference between a camera owner and photographer.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon 13/5.6

No thank you, this very old piece of glass would be for me never worth this price! But, every morning some stupid jumps out of bed! Would like to see some digital images!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin