Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,472   Online: 964

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nikkor 13/5.6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I plugged one of those bad boys onto my F3 back in 1991 on a visit to Del's Camera in Santa Barbra, Ca. I have the Kodachrome around somewhere, a shot of the whole store with a 118 degree view. I have the 14-24, an incredible lens and not too shabby at 114 degrees.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Just some dickhead with too much money.
    As opposed to some sour-grape eating dickhead with too little money?

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Very true, there's a big difference between a camera owner and photographer.
    C'mon boys, exactly what is it you're trying to say? All this pissing and moaning like a bunch of damn 4 year-olds. Are owners of rare gear expected to take a knee before you, send images as proof they're actually using the gear? Let's hear something more substantive than whining. Not wanting to stir the pot (OK, maybe a little...all in fun) but do humor us! How ya' ever gonna' be a one-percenter whining like that?
    Last edited by Aja B; 02-29-2012 at 05:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Recently a 13/5.6 lens was sourced for Grays of Westminster in London. According to this page it sold for £25,000! There are some nice pictures of it on the brokers site.
    All the prices on that page seem ridiulous
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bear in mind that it was a technical tour de force, to design and build this lens. Perhaps it wasn't made to be used or even to be kept in a velvet box. Nikon may have been made it for the same reason that automakers make a concept car: because they can and the other guys can't.

I, for one, am always happy to see things built that really push the envelope of what is possible. It is inspiring.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Bear in mind that it was a technical tour de force, to design and build this lens. Perhaps it wasn't made to be used or even to be kept in a velvet box. Nikon may have been made it for the same reason that automakers make a concept car: because they can and the other guys can't.

I, for one, am always happy to see things built that really push the envelope of what is possible. It is inspiring.
    Well said. I agree, really...it's all a dream to me now anyway, so it's irrelevant whether it's used or not (barring a lottery win, that is). It's pretty cool thinking something like that even exists.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do we care about the guy with the awesome car who never even shows up to the track? Or do we care about the guy with the shitty car that wins all the races?

That's my point.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to stop in at the old Nikon House in Rockefeller Center. They had a F body with the 6/2.8 and an Action Finder attached. The set-up was on a tripod and behind glass but you could see though it. Very neat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Lenses like these, for the greatest part, are special purpose lenses. They do not get used very often. The shortest lens I normally use, but only occasionally, is the 17mm f:4.0 Rectilinear. It has reasonable control of distortion, so I can try to use it. The 16mm f:2.8 "Full Frame" Fish-Eye comes out when I want to try to catch a meteor shower or some similar special event. It does go 180 degrees from corner to corner. I do not yet have a 7.5mm f:4.0 Circular Fish-Eye lens, but that would really be only a special purpose lens mainly for similar applications such as meteors or watching clouds develop.

There are a lot of lenses that do not work very well in everyday application. If I drop below 24mm, I need to really keep in mind that I am using a wide angle lens, and I need to check to make sure that the lines in my view are going the way that I want. The fact that I do not take some lenses out very often may be more a function of the nature of the special event or special subject more than it is the fact that I might have a lens with a wild coverage capability.

Finally, I will claim that I am a pretty good technician. I can make the camera do what I want it to do. I just wish that I were a better photographer and could more easily envision what I can do with a scene or subject in front of me to produce the most pleasing or the most attention grabbing photograph.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin