Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,039   Online: 1072

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I would replace the batteries and make sure the camera is functional before re-sealing it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've replaced the batteries, and the camera works as expected. I'm done resealing now, but I'd like to know where I can get pre-cut kits for my camera. I couldn't cut the long narrow strips for groves to fit exactly, so a pre-cut kit would be my fall-back. I searched on ebay for "minolta" and combinations of the words, "light", "seal", and "foam", but found no pre-cut kits.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Or you can buy "Foamies" for about $2 a (9x11) sheet at a craft store, such as Michaels, if you're in the U.S. With this, you can refoam about 15 cameras and custom cut things. Works great. Buy the one with the self-adhesive on the back.

I cut mine with a hobby knife and a metal ruler. I've also made small trims using a regular pair of scissors.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the foamies recommendation. I may get that next time. However, the problem I have is that I can't cut 1.5mm foam strips accurately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contact Jon Goodman (formerly interslice on eBay) for kits:

JGood21967 at aol.com

No connection, satisfied customer, etc.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll second the Interslice recommendation. Didn't know they changed name,but the kit is the best way to refoam.Try one you'll like it.

Shooter
    35mm
    +1 Jon Goodman (interslice) - great guy, great product at a great price. Can't say enough good things about his service. I've re-foamed all my cameras with his product and never had a problem.

Jon cautions against using "random" foam to replace seals. It's my impression that he has done a bit of research and has carefully selected the foam in his kits to be long lasting and compatible with materials generally used in cameras.

Regarding Minolta, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a kit for it, but I seem to recall he will modify existing kits or add kits to his inventory if there's enough interest.
    Last edited by Peter Simpson; 01-11-2012 at 10:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin