Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,492   Online: 1096

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah sounds like it was just over-used. It was otherwise clean. Hopefully this won't be a big deal for others I may consider.

Btw, is it possible to have the various focus points light up when manual focusing? Would be great to have AF assistance when manually focusing! That way I could manually focus to a point and have the AF point confirm... Especially since I use Ai lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just in case you are still looking at this F5, you can still take it to Nikon Canada for repair. I just received mine back before xmas from Nikon in Richmond, BC. They replaced the flash sync adjusted the AF and cleaned it up. Nikon stocks parts for the F5 as well. As for the AF only selector only allowing the vertical sensors, it is in fact a setting under Photo secretary that makes the dynamic AF respond to either the vertical or horizontal sensors. It is called "Priority for Dynamic AF mode". I am not sure if it inhibits the selection of the other focus area sensors though.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had my F5 since I bought it new and it has seen very little use. It's a nice camera overall but I seem to use my F3HP a lot more often. With the F5 you can lock the AF point so that it won't move at all but not to limit its movement only in the vertical direction. In fact I lock mine to the center point. Remove P and S mode so they can not be selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin