Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,706   Online: 766

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Non-AI lens on Nikon FE

I bought a Nikon FE because according to Ken Rockwell I could use all of my non-AI lenses on it. The problem is, I haven't been able to get a lens to fit. It seems that the aperture ring doesn't sit flush with the lens mount and interferes with the aperture indicator lever on the camera. Am I doing something wrong or is Ken mistaken.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    you have to move the coupling on the FE out of the way.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was able to get a lens mounted but it was tight and did not feel right, the aperture ring was also hard to turn. It's not right and the MIR sight didn't give me any more info than I already had. I'm missing something and I don't know what it is. Minolta lenses/cameras never gave me this much trouble, even the pre-MC/MD lenses as they all used the same SR mount.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's a wee button on the movable ring next to the AI tab that allows it to flip up and out of the way. Tried that?

Shooter
    35mm
    The lens mount on the camera has a little black tab sticking out forward from a moving spring-loaded ring running around the mount. The tab is at about 2:00 on the mount, as you face the camera. With the oldest lenses, the back of the lens fouls on this tab, preventing the lens from going on. If you try too hard, you're going to break off the tab! Next to the tab there should be a little silver button you push to permit you to flip the tab out of the way so that the lens will mount and not foul on the tab.

Ah, beat by a couple of minutes, while I was writing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was it, I never would have figured that out. My initial google search brought up all of the usual sites and none offered me any help like the folks here. Thanks guys.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin