Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,421   Online: 783

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Just finished up developing some rolls from the F3. Haven't scanned yet but based on looking at the negatives it looks like my F3 is okay for the most part.

For the shots I handheld metered, except for user error, my images came out exposed properly. However, the images where I used the cameras meter were mostly good but some were way off. My guess is that Im still not used to the spot meter of the F3 and will need to consider using the exposure compensation more for complex scenes. I consistently used the "exposure lock" button and it helped but only somewhat. When I use this camera again, it will probably be with a hand meter.

Also I slowed down my developing I that I was a lot gentler and slower when doing the rotations during development. I think this helped quite a bit but he scans will show if I'm right

Shooter
    35mm
    Today I was shooting with a borrowed F3HP. I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the F3, as I'm more inclined toward mechanical Nikons. I was shooting in manual mode but I kept thinking the meter was giving me odd readings. Not every frame, but every once in a while. Finally, I was shooting a buliding from the outside, in direct sunlight. The meter kept giving me the plus sign even at 1/2000 and f/16 at ASA 50!

After swearing and fiddling around for a minute, I realized that the AI tab was flipped up so the aperture ring on the lens wasn't communicating with the body. If the tab is flipped up and you don't stop down to meter, you will underexpose the frame. However, if you shoot at or near the maximum aperture, the reading will be correct and you won't know there's a problem.

Probably not the OP's problem, and I would hope he's straightened his issues out by now, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin