Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,402   Online: 1045

Shooter
    35mm

Name of filter please

I am displaying my ignorance here for all to see, but I am searching for the type or name of a filter which came with a OM kit I have recently bought, it seems to have 5 different prisms (right word?) within the lens, I can see what it is trying to do, 5 different scenes within the image.

Can anybody tell me what style of lens this is, thus I can search and learn how to use, it is the type of filter they must have used for those old Led Zeppelin clips back in the seventies if you know what I mean.

It is a IZUMAR filter 58m size and fits my OM-2, there is no model name on this filter.

Thank you in advance for your advice I feel such a numpty that I can find this on Google and I have indeed tried rather than waste your time.
    Cheers from OZ

Lee

Images
    Good Morning, Lee,

Several decades ago, various special effects gizmos such as this were available here in the states from a company named Spiratone, and perhaps from other sources. If I recall correctly, one of them produced multiple side-by-side images; I can't recall any details about others or what name was attached to them.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    I have kept on trying to find info on this lens and what I have found thus far is that it was called a "special effect" lens, does this sound right.

I believe this is very close to the filter I have:

http://www.songofsnow.com/Multi-Image-5x-p/pf52co5x.htm

Seems like a fun two bob type of lens for mucking around with, doubt it will get too much air time so to speak but I will have a go with it and see what it produces.

I am glad I was able to find info on it by myself, I see too many times questions asked on forums such as this where a bit of effort turns up the answer.

Cheers
    Lee
    Cheers from OZ

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Remiss of me not to say thank you to those that responded.

Thank you.
    Cheers from OZ

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is indeed a special effects filter. A 5 image prismatic, install on a lens and rotate until you get the effect desired then snap a pic. I still have one of those on the shelf. I tried it with a portrait once, not worth owning in my book, you might like yours, just play with it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tiffin also made these in several styles, 3, 5, 7 images.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A multi-image prism filter (between 5 and 7 circularly-arranged, variable intensity images in a "honeycomb" glass pattern, the position of which is variable with an adjustable ring.

Not sure it's all the rage in this day, but I used one such filter way back in 1979 and 1980 with my first camera, an Olympus OM10. The novelty soon wore off...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin