Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,015   Online: 1212

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post

Hmmmm. I wonder if there is an M-42 to Minolta "A" mount adapter? That would allow the use of my M-42 lenses with a top shutter speed of 1/12,000th second on the Minolta Maxxum 9 / Dynax 9.
    Why yes, yes there is. The chipped mounts give focus confirmation, but you either have to buy lots of different mounts with different focal lengths or use one of the kludgy multi-focal length chips. Personally I don't bother with a chipped adapter and just use a plain one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M42-Lens-Min...item3a624ce7b2
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100 | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm
    There are also adapters to mount M42 lenses on Canon EOS 35mm cameras. I use one of these with a Rebel K2 and some Super-Takumars.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Fujica ST801??? On mine, top speed is 1/1500.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also use M42 lenses on Rolleiflex SLRs with an adapter, keeping the auto-diaphragm mechanism.

Unfortunately 1/2000 practically limits you to the 3003 model: not exactly light and compact, but hey, you get motorized interchangeable film magazines (a' la Hasselblad), 2 viewfinders, 3 shutter buttons and one of the most unique 35mm SLRs ever made...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Fujica ST801??? On mine, top speed is 1/1500.
    It's not an ST801, then.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    From the description linked to, it says that Pentax M42 lenses may not be able to focus to infinity on the ST801 body. Otherwise, I like the look of it quite a lot. What are your experiences with that? I'd be using metal focus ring SMC Takumar lenses with it.

An open aperture feature makes the M42 mount non standard and when using a non Fuji lens you may cause difficulties to focus infinity and what is worse the lens could stuck on the camera.
    Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is the rare Mamiya 2000 DTL. It was one of the few cameras to have a horizontally traveling cloth focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/2000. The other similar cameras which come to mind are the Olympus OM4 series models. In some cases an M42 lens will fit another camera with an adapter but in the case of Nikon or Olympus, you will not have correct infinity focus. The problem with using adapters is that you lose auto diaphragm function. The Mamiya P adapter for the Auto XTL/Auto X1000 allows for stop down metering but retains auto diaphragm function. The top shutter speed of these Mamiyas is 1/1000. If auto diaphragm function is not critical then you can buy a Cosina-made Vivitar K mount camera with a top speed of 1/2000 and use an adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eurekaiv View Post
    From the description linked to, it says that Pentax M42 lenses may not be able to focus to infinity on the ST801 body. Otherwise, I like the look of it quite a lot. What are your experiences with that? I'd be using metal focus ring SMC Takumar lenses with it.
    I once breifly had a ST801 and had trouble mounting *some* East & West German M42 lenses on it.
    Truth be said, I had the same trouble with Pentax ES' and also the Spotmatic F...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi lxdude, You are right!! Sorry, I stand corrected! I had St 801 before and it's gone now. It's St705 with 1/1500s.
    People need to be careful when mounting SMC Takumars on Fuji body. Small pin for locking A/M aperture switch on lens body will jam in phillips screw head holes that hold body's lens mount. Very painful operation to free them out. Late Fuji M42 lenses will not properly mount on Spotmatic's due to tab (for transferring Iris value to TTL meter) protruding from the lens body. Very easy to file out if you don't mind loosing full aperture TTL with Fujica's.

Shooter
    35mm
    The mounting problem I has was with S-M-C-T and SMC Takumars on a mamiya 500 DTL. The tab on the back of the lenses would get stuck in the holes in the front of the mount. Screws went through the holes to hold the mount to the camera and their heads were just below the screw hole openings. This caused me to look for older Super Takumar and Vivitar lenses.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin