Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,984   Posts: 1,523,911   Online: 1025

Shooter
    35mm

HELP: new camera= new issues Minolta X-300s

Hello everyone! I am back after a holiday in Florida and before I left I had ordered a Minolta X-300s on ebay for cheap with a macro lens. I can't find anywhere if to be able to shoot this one I need to have batteries on it or if it won't shoot because the shutter is broken or something since my other 35mms are fully manual and only use the batteries for the light meter I'm at a loss here. Then I accidentally dropped the poor thing and the focus screen fell out. I was able to put it back in but I have no idea if I placed it back correctly or if this was even supposed to be able to be put back in or I just placed it on wrong or if the fall affected anything else since I still have no batteries for it. Any insight will be valued and thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Anayari; 01-17-2012 at 07:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does need batteries to function. You should see a battery cap on the bottom as I recall.

Here is a link to a manual. If you find it of use you may make a donation.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/minolta...olta_x-300.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks so much for your help. I already have a manual and I swear to you I checked everywhere to see if it said if it would shoot without the baterry but nothing what worries me is that fall it had tonight and that the focus screen part fell off. I was able to put it back in but I'm not sure if it's going to stay there or if I even put it on correctly or if it will affect my pictures once I get some batteries on it Anyone knows if this is a big deal or if you can just put it back in and it will be ok? thanks so much!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This doesn't sound too good.

I have an X300, and the focus screen (assuming you mean the screen inside the lens above the mirror) is not supposed to be removeable.

You definitely need batteries for the X300 to function - it takes SR44. If, when you get batteries the LEDs inside the viewfinder come on, but go out when you press the shutter and the shutter doesn't fire, then it is suffering from a common capacitor problem which requires the replacement of a capacitor inside the base. Capacitors are cheap, but it takes a steady hand unsoldering and resoldering the replacement component. Def a DIY repair though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin