Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,097   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oriecat
    I've got a Nikon N4004 and it does not have any sort of manual ISO setting ability. It sucks (in that way). If you tape over the DX (or use a non-DX canister) it just defaults to 100.
    If the camera will allow you to take full control over shutter speed and aperture, you could tape over the DX coding and then go from there.
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To make 400 into 200 speed film is pulling, not pushing. If you have manual exposure control just deliberately overexpose by a stop, then pull develop.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "If you tape over the DX (or use a non-DX canister) it just defaults to 100."

Same with my Minolta 450si. Its a rela problem with my bulk loaded Pan F (50) in non DX cassettes...

It just means that my old war horse (X700) will have to stay ready for action. God, I love that camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oriecat
    That is a great idea, Eric! I have always thought that someone should just sell sheets of stickers with the coding...
    They do. Here in Britain Jessops sell them

http://www.jessops.com/search/dointe...h.cfm?node=411

So I'm pretty sure you must be able to get them in the States too.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Guess I never actually looked for them! Just thought about it...

Found some! They have them at www.porters.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    What kind of camera do you have? If you put masking tape over the barcode you should be able to set the ISO to what ever you want.
    Most entry-level cameras that you can't set the rating on will rate a non-coded film at 100 ISO. AFAIK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bar code

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    What kind of camera do you have? If you put masking tape over the barcode you should be able to set the ISO to what ever you want.
    Unfortunately, my Pentax PZ-70 defaults to ISO 100 when you do that. Good suggestion though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin