Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,785   Online: 911

Shooter
    35mm

Do any of these share the same lens mount?

I have acquired 3 35mm slrs in the little time I've gotten into shooting film and I don't seem to want to stop any time soon so this might turn into collecting soon ^^; I was wondering if by any chance any of my 3 bodies can share lenses. I have a Canon AE-1 program, an Asashi pentax 1000 and a Minolata X-3000s and I was mostly interested in being able to use the vivitar macro lens that came with the minolta with my other two bodies. Anyone know if these are interchangeable in mount or if I can get some adapters for them? I have mostly lenses for the canon and then the pentax I only have a 50mm lens for it and the minolta just the macro that came with it from the bay. Thanks so much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All quite different mounts so no interchaneabbility.

However if you use Tamron Adaptal lenses you can get interchangeable mounts for the lenses so the same lens could be used on all 3 bodies. Tamron's SP series of the Adaptall lenses were superb optics and sell quite cheaply on Ebay.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 01-18-2012 at 02:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do some research as to lens and acc'y availability for each camera and then take each and see which you like holding and using better; might take some time and think about which you grab more often. Dump the 2 that are not the most complete system cameras and have pieces the others do and you need or really want them and the one that you like best. Then take the money and invest it in the 1 remaining body and enjoy. Trying to collect and use 3 different brands will make you crazy and potentially broke.

Shooter
    35mm
    Some one makes an adapter, I have a vivitar adapter for one brand to another, haven't figured which brands, one could be canon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin