Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,651   Online: 1137

Shooter
    35mm

Canon A1 "EEEEE EE" message

I have bought a Canon A1 two months ago and already this is the second malfunction. So the thing is, out of nowhere I get the error message in the viewfinder. Using my camera on apperture priority all the time, when I get the message, to try and fix it, I use all the methods I know - changing the mode from Av to Tv, manual mode, taking off and puting back on the lens (older 50mm 1.8 with silver ring)... Basically, I am tampering with it until fixed. And, no, I have no idea what it is that I do so it starts working again. It happened to me just a few times but I need a reliable camera. Any thoughts?
    Just to mention, on manual mode it works fine, apperture, exposure and all.

Shooter
    35mm
    I forget what causes it, but re-cocking the shutter using the multipe exposure lever always works for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    According to the instructions it's caused by taking the lens of the 'A' setting and selecting an aperture, then pushing in the stop down lever, then releasing it and then returning the lens to 'A', all without taking a shot. Then you can't cock the shutter or release the shutter. The cure is to push the multiple exposure lever and re-cock the shutter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks a lot, problem solved. :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin