Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,484   Online: 896

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think finding film and film cameras in a popular store can only be considered a good thing. Maybe some don't like the fashionista/overpriced nature of Lomo gear, but pound for pound, it probably represents better value than Leica gear. I say that as a Leica shooter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    I think finding film and film cameras in a popular store can only be considered a good thing. Maybe some don't like the fashionista/overpriced nature of Lomo gear, but pound for pound, it probably represents better value than Leica gear. I say that as a Leica shooter.
    but isn't that because Leicas are equally overpriced?

and doesn't selling it in popular stores - rather than say camera or more normal stores - end up creating a niche market rather than a genuine interest in cameras and analogue photography and bearing in mind some of these have already moved on to and equivalent app for their phone things... which is kinda counter to what the film industry needs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    People who buy clothing in an AE or Urban Outfitters are probably going to think of the fisheye lomo as a nifty fashion accessory. I can imagine that market working quite well. Actually, as I mentioned in that other thread, the instant print concept is quite consistent with the social networking fad. Things like adherable instant prints and photograohic tattoos and whatnot are going to do well with the young people I know.

And the lomo fisheye is just plain cool! I almost bought one just to look at it. Very clever design concept.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, but the problem is we (as in my generation - the skinny jeaned if you will) have very short interest spans and I say that, as I am, bedecked in skinny jeans.

I know plenty that have already ditched the lomos because the holgamatic does it, but digitally - so more sharable and besides as the say: your iphone is probably the only camera you'll ever need

Shooter
    35mm
    I think anything that keeps film in the public consciousness is great. American Eagle is just trying to compete with Urban Outfitters.
    “For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.”
    ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I think anything that keeps film in the public consciousness is great. American Eagle is just trying to compete with Urban Outfitters.
    but not as a fad surely?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From a philosophical point of view, I wouldn't waste a cent of my money or a nanosecond of my time on a Lomography product. Or one of those godawful lensbaby monstrosities. Or anything from starschmucks. Pretentious rubbish, all of it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Lomography is more -negatively meant- fashion than photography. Do not waste any money on anything Lomography. It is not good quality and it is not cheap to justify the low quality.

It is a shame to see a great-quality-film manufacturer having financial difficulties when Lomography is making money selling its crap film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    From a philosophical point of view, I wouldn't waste a cent of my money or a nanosecond of my time on a Lomography product. Or one of those godawful lensbaby monstrosities. Or anything from starschmucks. Pretentious rubbish, all of it.
    Grumpy today?

I'd love a lensbaby, but won't pay what they're asking for it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Grumpy today?

I'd love a lensbaby, but won't pay what they're asking for it.
    No more than usual. You should hear me go on about "retro" crap.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin