Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,495   Online: 833

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a very good use for the 20mm; and that have to find it yourself.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    I really enjoy my 16mm 2.8 fisheye--covers the whole frame, not just a stupid circle like the wider fisheyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by djacobox372 View Post
    I really enjoy my 16mm 2.8 fisheye--covers the whole frame, not just a stupid circle like the wider fisheyes.
    I too like my 16mm, however, the Nikon 7.5mm f/5.6 Fish Eye is my favorite. Made me laugh, made me money.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    When I was in my 20s I inter-railed around Europe and took only one lens, the 16/2.8 fisheye.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am really looking forward to the 24mm f1.4 Samyang Lens that should be available in February.

Shooter
    35mm
    So am I. Its size is somewhat of a damper for my excitement, but I can always use it with F100 and leave 24/2 for F3HP. That is, if I manage to convince myself that I need another fast 24, which won't be a simple task.

By the way, how do you know it will start selling in February? I haven't heard anything which, to be honest with myself, doesn't mean much.

Shooter
    35mm
    My favorite wide (that I own) is my 18mm f/4 AI. It's not exactly rare, but it is hard to find. Even so, it's extremely affordable and optically sufficient. Barrel distortion can be noticable (depending on subject matter and focus distance), and it takes giant series IX or 86mm filters. Also, the screw-in front cap and the screw-in hood can't both be attached at the same time! I don't mind the slow aperture; I can usually get acceptably sharp images hand-held at 1/8 at this focal length. I have to admit I like using it because it's a beautiful lens that you don't see very often, but I really do like the pictures I take with it.

My first wide was the 24mm f/2.8 AI, and it is optically superior in every way compared to the 18, but it mostly served to help me realize I wanted something even wider.

Shooter
    35mm
    My absolute non-favorite wide, which I use too often is the Rokinon 14/2.8. Every time I mount it on F100 and look through VF I go whaaaaa?! and then run to my mommy crying (well, sorta).
    I haven't made a single good picture with it, I just don't know how. I'll keep trying though, freak accidents happen every day.

Shooter
    35mm
    My 35/2.8 'K' and 35/2 O are both very sharp. The 35/2.8 PC doesn't get used as much but is also very sharp. I find the 28/3.5 AI very sharp and have two of them. The non-Nikkor wide angles I like include a 24/2.5 Soligor, 28/2.5 Vivitar Fixed Mount, 35/1.9 Vivitar Fixed Mount and if I need something wider I can use a 21/3.8 Vivitar T4, which is surprisingly sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm also a 18mm F4 Nikkor guy. Great lens and my first choice for wide angle. If I only carry two; it's the 18mm an a 105mm.

Mike

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin