Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,692   Online: 745

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm lucky enough to have one, and I love it.
    It's metering and focus confirmation for MF lenses are amazing.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I guess someone is just going to send me their unwanted F4.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's too big, and the reason it was built was for sports shooters that shoot film, and I don't think there is much call for that anymore.
    F100 serves me well, and will for a long time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I own an F6. Owned all the others when film ruled and thought the F5 was the greatest until buying the F6. I only wish it existed when film use was higher before the big digi switch. I would say it's the best performing slr of all time, although mine hasn't seen near as much use as the earlier models.
    -rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a pair of F4 and an N80. The N80 kept me from buying an F100 that was available locally. Nothing would keep me from buying the F6; the N80 and F100 would find themselves new homes and F4 would find themselves in a bag with AIS or Zeiss lenses. Assuming money was no object, of course.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    I own an F6. Owned all the others when film ruled and thought the F5 was the greatest until buying the F6. I only wish it existed when film use was higher before the big digi switch. I would say it's the best performing slr of all time, although mine hasn't seen near as much use as the earlier models.
    -rob
    Rob, what advantages does the F6 have over F100?
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Rob, what advantages does the F6 have over F100?

Matrix metering with MF lenses, iTTL and CLS flash, data imprinting, random features you can get through the menus like intervalometer stuff, custom menus that are actually in English (sorta), and a camera that feels a lot more solid.

Probably the biggest is the MF lenses. I've got a handful of ai'd lenses and i'm using them with ease just as I would any other lens. It's quite easy since the F6 has a sort of rangefinder thing with it's focus confirmation.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an F3HP and an F4, and I'd love to get an F6 one day. It would be great to have that around for when the other two finally crap out on me and there are no more film SLRs being manufactured.

Shooter
    35mm
    F6 is the best piece of 35mm I have ever owned. It is the most useful camera for me. I don't carry any of my old Fs (except FE2). I sold of all of the other ones and got cash to buy enough film to last for 2 years.

Just grabing it, it feels like it is in my hand. The inertia is just awesome. You literally need just 3 fingers to have a solid grip on it in any angle you hold with a 200mm lens. The main reason for my upgrade from F5 was that F6 gave the size of F100 plus the robust meetering and focus of F5 all in small package. All of the things I hoped to have was there.

The one main thing I hate is the type of battery it uses (With Surefire packs, that is also not an issue now). Other than that it is a fine piece of machine that just gets out of your way and gets the job done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zk-cessnaguy View Post
    Would you buy an F6 if...
    you already had an F4 and an F100? Would you keep either of them or sell?
    No, I would buy a second F4 because I need a body that works well with my older manual focus lenses and I also need the interchangeable viewfinder feature.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/6179982776/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikon F4 58 sml.JPG  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin