Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,859   Online: 967

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    It's too big, and the reason it was built was for sports shooters that shoot film, and I don't think there is much call for that anymore.
    F100 serves me well, and will for a long time.
    What? It's barely bigger than the F100 and almost petite compared to Battleship F5. Still puzzles me that Nikon went ahead with an "F Lite" when demand for a new pro film body was iffy at best. Beautiful, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zk-cessnaguy View Post
    you already had an F4 and an F100? Would you keep either of them or sell?
    No. I don't own the other two models either, the F2 is about the last Nikon slr that I would consider.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok. I can see my credit card getting a nasty shock in the near future. What's convinced me is the F6's modernity - it can use CLS, and the stand-out for me is the way it handles shooting data and film imprinting - light years ahead of the F4 with the MF23 and something that the F100 doesn't even bring to the party.
    Of course, the 500lb gorilla in the corner is the crazy price these things command... ten times what I paid for my F100...
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100 | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like my F-100. So much so that I have three of them. While F-6 would be nicer, there is nothing I feel lacking using F-100. So I'll keep mine.... all 3 of them.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zk-cessnaguy View Post
    Ok. I can see my credit card getting a nasty shock in the near future. What's convinced me is the F6's modernity - it can use CLS, and the stand-out for me is the way it handles shooting data and film imprinting - light years ahead of the F4 with the MF23 and something that the F100 doesn't even bring to the party.
    Of course, the 500lb gorilla in the corner is the crazy price these things command... ten times what I paid for my F100...
    Bottom line is that there are a lot of good Nikon bodies, but the F6 is the pinnacle. Period. You will NEVER regret that purchase.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The F4 is a solid camera, it has to be said...worthy of the F line. It also has a rangefinder focus confirmation, for use with manual focusing. And its big advantage is matrix metering with older lenses.

It seems the big question is what advantages the F6 has over the excellent F100 - and whether those advantages are enough for you to make the switch. I can say you can't go wrong with either camera.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never had the F5 or F6 but of all the cameras I have ever owned the F4 I should have never sold. Sold it to get into medium format, after 3 months give the med to my daughter. I have used D90's and now have 2 D-80's which I do like. Would gladly pay shipping on the F4:^)
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curse you all....lots of pretty F6 on ebay............drat...money going.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd get an F5, and I do intend to. The F6 is too much money and the F5 is also a bit heavier duty with its body/weather sealing etc so I believe.

I'd like an F4 but I wouldn't get one now even though their quite cheap, for one reason being its not going to give me anything that my F90x doesn't and the F100/F5/F6 all will work with nikons new idea of a breed of 'G' lenses (with no aperture ring)... where an F4 or my F90x won't work seamlessly. Or you could just buy the current lenses with the aperture ring, or 2nd hand ones if you just have to have something a bit older.
    All that really matters in the end is the image, not what your using to create it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of F4's and F-100's and that's all I need. I like my "old" lenses.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin