Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,723   Online: 1160

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For $13 I orderd 4xCR123 bats and a charger. I did the same thing 2 years ago for some CR2 bats, and they have proven reliable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All manual nikon cameras are smaller, lighter and easyer to use than f4, f5, f6´s, look at fm and fm2, nikkormats and F, F2, F3 they will last longer than your children´s children, and simple fuss free objective controls are the best. You only lose some auto thinguies, that i really do not use. Battery´s are optional also... not for everyone although...
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And there's the rub. I have semi-auto's OM10(x2) and OM2. They are light, have better prisms and an extremely great metering system. When I shoot slides, these are my goto. It helps that I have a couple of Carl Zeiss Jena lens. I have just not been won over by pre-f4 models, not that they are bad.

The big attraction with the F4 is that it is the 'everything' camera. Pre-AI,AI and AF lenses. The size was not a consideration (yes it is huge) because I had a pre-ai 50mm and a pre-ai 80-200 that I could only use on my F601 when I used an external meter. These are two extremely sharp lens.

I picked up the ratty F100 (well used) to be able to use a VR and G lens from my D200. It performs well, as expected.

So here comes the F6, only slightly heavier than the F100, tons lighter (OK, I exaggerate) than the F5, and can do my PRE-Ai lens because of it's metering system. It may just be enough to make my substantial OM collection go to a new owner. My yearning for a F4 has gone away.

Shooter
    35mm
    Always buying more and more equipment will not make anyone a better photographer.
    No I wouldn't buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosk View Post
    Always buying more and more equipment will not make anyone a better photographer.
    No I wouldn't buy it.
    I never said it would make me a better photographer, but removing hurdles will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received my F6 today. I ran a roll of Foma 100 through it and reversal processed it. Incredibly perfect exposures. I tried out the data-imprinting between frames and I can see me getting addicted to that.

Well worth what I payed.

Shooter
    35mm
    You will never regret buying it. If you don't you will always wonder if you should have. Yes, you should have if you can afford it.
    WJS/wi/usa

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin