Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,826   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Would you buy an F6 if...

you already had an F4 and an F100? Would you keep either of them or sell?
    Mamiya 645 Super | Nikon F4/F100/FM2n | Minolta Maxxum 9/Dynax 7/X-700/X-500/XD7/SRT-101 | Pentax Spotmatic | Canonet QL 19 (GII) | and a whole bunch of glass

Shooter
    35mm
    Why not if you can afford it? Use all 3 for a while and keep the one you get on best with. I've had an F6 for about 18 months. It's awesome and just a dream to shoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course you can't have too many Nikons! I have managed to accumulate all the F's except the F6......just waiting for the price to come down....may take a while

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure, go ahead and get it.

I don't even like Nikons but I have a N75 and F100 and some lenses because the 35mm cameras are such a good value right now. Especially when 35mm film is still reasonably priced and easy to obtain.

Shooter
    35mm
    I do own a F100 and I do dream about F6 from time to time. If I were in position to think about actually getting an F6, I would think for about 2.37 nanoseconds after which a credit card would appear in my extended hand. At about the same time, my F100 would start looking for a new home.

Since we are doing the "what I would do" thing then I'll tell you that regardless of what happens with F6 and F100, I would sell the F4. That camera is so in a no man's land it's not funny. F3 and older is where it all is. Go newer and there's no reason to stop until you hit F100, or F5 if you are a Yeti or love machine gunning scenes.

To summarize: Why are you even asking? Go got that F6 and enjoy! What you will do with the rest of your cameras is an entirely different question.
    Last edited by OldBodyOldSoul; 01-26-2012 at 04:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typos or something

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F4 will use non Ai lens, the F100 can use VR lens. Both will cover every Nikon lens. What will the F6 bring to the table?

Shooter
    35mm
    I was considering expanding my F collection to include the entire line, but probably will skip the F4, and go right to aa F5 or F6.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The F6..well, truth be told, there probably isn't a better 35mm camera out there. I'm a rangefinder guy and I wouldn't trade my Leica for anything but, when I need the complete package, don't want to carry external meters, need fast autofocus for kids or action, fast loading, etc etc etc..the F6 is THE BOMB! Bought one two years ago, never regretted it, and will never part with it. Oh, and if you shoot transparencies, that Matrix meter is close to flawless in any lighting situations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd skip the F6 and buy film and paper instead.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    The F4 will use non Ai lens, the F100 can use VR lens. Both will cover every Nikon lens. What will the F6 bring to the table?
    F6 has an "Awesome Picture" button. Well, not really, but it certainly feels that way when you hold it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin