Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,910   Posts: 1,584,670   Online: 861

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    My "favorite" compliment is, "Those are great pictures. You must have a really nice camera."
    I usually reply that my camera is great, because it does exactly what I command it to do.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was out over the weekend with a new (to me) camera club. We went to the National Arboretum to shoot some photos. I brought along the Seneca "black beauty" 6.5 x 8.5. I was the only person in the club who did NOT have digital; in spite of it all, the whole plater got respect from everyone. Nobody asked "why haven't you switched". I also had a young dad out with his family stop to admire the camera and tell me he still has a Deardorff 8x10 at home but he put that aside with the arrival of the family. I told him I do platinum printing and he was doubly impressed. I also had a young mother out with her 3 year old ask to take a picture of her daughter standing next to the camera. To paraphrase a (really stupid) sports slogan, "Respect the View Camera". It's good to be da 'tographer!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not only do I have a camera that takes great pictures, I have a typewriter that comes up with fantastical and interesting stories. Got them both at the same estate sale. They had a brush that paints Rembrandts, but I am not into painting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertNate View Post
    Not only do I have a camera that takes great pictures, I have a typewriter that comes up with fantastical and interesting stories. Got them both at the same estate sale. They had a brush that paints Rembrandts, but I am not into painting.
    I have this guitar where it just magically makes me a great guitarist. I also have this really great set of chef's knives that immediately turned me into a great cook. Has nothing to do with skill.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I have this guitar where it just magically makes me a great guitarist.
    Me too!

<-----

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    You people are lucky, I keep stumbling upon stuff that just won't produce anything of quality. I am persistent though, and will keep getting more stuff until I find something that will equal my own, very high, standards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last year I took my Pacemaker Speed Graphic to an air show.

More people took photographs of me using it, than I took that day.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm

Camera Appreciation Person every shoot

I am always amazed at the comments about what a great camera/lens I must have when my prints are viewed. Most comments are from "picture snappers" who think turning the camera at angles is art. Almost as amazing are the surprised comments I get when I am using a Rangefinder or manual SLR and "FILM"! I have not found the Magic Gear, always a day late and a dollar short when the magic bean guy shows up. Thousands of pics later I still have to remember my Dad's teachings on taking manual pictures and I still "see" through the little square in my mind when I visualize a shot.
    A little good news my youngest has become interested in film because he finally sees the saturation and grain as a good quality. Now if I can catch one grandkid I might pass on some art to another generation. As opposed to a 72 dpi thumbnail from a cell phone posted on facewhat for nobody to see.
    Just because you can, Does Not mean you should.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin