Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,231   Online: 843

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another, perhaps unacceptable, option is to update to a 8008s/801s or N90s/F90x--both work well as MF bodies with MF lenses. Fact remains that the FE is getting to be an elderly camera. I have 3 in nice to mint shape but wouldn't get one now as starter camera given the likelihood of age-related issues and the cost/scarcity of competent repair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Fact remains that the FE is getting to be an elderly camera.
    Indeed. Both my F3 and FE recently received offers to join AARP.

Shooter
    35mm
    I look at my two F3HP and then I look in the mirror. I am not sure if they ever had a CLA, while I do have those at least occasionally. Nevertheless, I realize that if someone in this "symbiosis" should be worried, it's the cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Tax season is coming up, declare your cameras as dependents.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    A bit math-challenged, are we?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could do what I did.....My Black FE had a broken manual advance so I bought a AS-IS $12 FE Black camera
    for the part to fix it !!! KEH sent me the most Mint looking FE I have Ever Seen!!! Even smelt New.

Only thing was it needed new foam.... easy fix

The camera works like new, Manual advance is nice and smooth meter works, Auto works nothing wrong with it.

I bought a EX grade F3HP as well.....nice but not as Exciting as a Mint $12 Black FE

John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin