Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,776   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I just ordered myself a T90, as well. Should be here in a day or 2. For $100 from a reputable dealer, how can you beat it?

Having shot EOS for almost 15 years, I always thought FD mount meant AE-1, A-1 or F1, etc. I didn't even know the T series existed until fairly recently. Contrary to some, I *like* all the bells and whistles on my 1V, so discovering an auto-load, auto-advance, evaluative-metering FD mount camera with a control wheel and everything is fantastic. And fast FD primes are way cheaper than fast EF primes.

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $100 for a T90 is a great deal. An amazing camera -- totally solid and utterly reliable. Tremendously versatile metering. Runs on 4 AAs (!).

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep...can't wait. Given its older design, does anybody know if it will work with AA NiMH's. The difference between 6V and 4.8V might be a killer. Not sure I'm willing to risk NiZn's (6.8V !).

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    T90's are great. I have 2; in case the magnets get glued again
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    The T90 is a terrible choice. They all, according to the repair tech I just communicated with, eventually experience the EE lockup. I had one. Newly serviced. Regularly used. Locked up. Here's his quote:

" Yes, these cameras did suffer from this problem shorthly after they were purchased, depending on how long it sat unused or how much it was used.

Steve"
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for every one's input, it is very much appreciated. I don't think ill be going with the any of the T series, I don't like the look or styling. I would prefer to go manual in film cameras, for all the gadgets and features I have a T3i. I don't think ill be getting an F-1 but there are some FTb's on ebay and KEH tht look good, the used departments of adorama and B and H seem to be a bit pricy. I realize they do have a defunct battery system but there are some specialty companies that sell the mercury cell batteries. If I can't afford an FTb, I'll settle with an A series and hope I don't catch the cough.

So what are the differences between all the A series? is there a reason i should save money and go with the an A series over an FTb?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FTb should be cheaper than an A-1
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't recommend the EF, FD body, enough. I think it's the best Canon SLR ever made, ever!... in the history of mankind.

It literally does everything you could ever want, except the option of interchangeable viewfinders.

MLU, self timer, mechanical shutter where it counts.. electric where it excels, very high sensitivity meter, double-exposure button, uses common batteries perfectly. Only downside is that it's big and heavy like an FTb or old F-1.

I got one on eBay with a 50mm 1.4 and 28mm 2.8 for $120.

Shooter
    35mm
    No motor drive though!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    drat..... good call!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin