Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,130   Online: 1248

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    don't forget to check out the classifieds here at APUG. The gear is always well described and you're dealing in a friendly environment. And...you can find some pretty sweet deals.
    BTW - I happen to have a couple of A1 bodies that might be looking for a home (I retired them when I got my F1).

Shooter
    35mm
    The EF does seem like a good choice if you can find one, they're not the most common of cameras. The FTb is also nice, the only problem I have with mine is forgetting to turn off the meter. Neither lack anything in solidity. An underestimated camera is the AT-1, the manual cousin of the A-Series. It has all advantage of an electronic shutter taking available batteries with the flexibility of full exposure control. They're also very inexpensive.

Shooter
    35mm
    holmburgers, after reading up on the FE I think I might just get that. all the features I want and more Thanks again for everyone input.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome to hear that! We have another convert...

And side note; if you ever need it repaired, Ken Oikawa is the man to do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    The T90 is a terrible choice. They all, according to the repair tech I just communicated with, eventually experience the EE lockup. I had one. Newly serviced. Regularly used. Locked up. Here's his quote:

" Yes, these cameras did suffer from this problem shorthly after they were purchased, depending on how long it sat unused or how much it was used.

Steve"
    They are easily serviced and they are great cameras. Besides being able to use FD lenses, that are cheap and plentiful.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greg: The T90 will take any AA battery you care to shove in it. I use Lithiums with no problems.

cheeseds: Any of the A-series will scratch your itch; I like the AT-1 best, and have an AE-1 waiting for a CLA. I used to have A-1s and an AE-1P, but when I wanted automation I always grabbed the T90.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "A"series cameras are a dime-a-dozen so you can choose Upgrade to an A-1.
    The only downside to the A1 is the non Laser screen. An AE1 Program screen
    will drop into an A1 if you take the screen out of it's metal frame first, then pull
    the screw & R & R the screens. A good repairman can do this for you.
    I did at with an E Screen, which I preferred. If you like your AE-1 Program you'll
    probably like the A-1 more.

Or you can try one of the "T" series cameras. Maybe a T-90. This was the
    " Ultimate " Canon FD Mount Camera.
    It had 4 different metering patterns, accessible by a button & the turn of a wheel.
    Just try to shoot some film through it. I went to sell my last one & found that the
    shutter had frozen from non-use. It will say Error inside, when you fire the shutter.

Or you can go manual and really enjoy photography with an F-1n, ( don't get a
    New F1 ). Being built the old fashioned way and, outside of a meter, don't need
    batteries. You can pound nails with them too, BUT DON'T !.

Finally, if you decide to do this instead of upgrading to AF, start looking for "L"
    lenses as they are cheap in an FD mount.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin