Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 791

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Boris, Of course you can check does your MTOs have 3 screws fixing m42 mount, if they do, go and find T2 Nikon adapter and small screwdriver and in 90 sec you will have mirror lens with nikon mount and infinity. The hardest thing in this operation is to line up T2 adapter and lens so you can use tripod mounts on the lens properly (in level). "Everything should be easy and simple" - I agree!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, OldBodyOldSoul;

Yes, you do have some nice lenses in there.

I like the Helios-44M f:2/58mm lens in one of its later incarnations the best. And, for me, I prefer the 58mm focal length for a "normal" lens on a 35mm camera.

The LZOS 3M-5A lens that I have actually performs pretty well, but I am not sure that I am going to claim that any 500mm lens or the MTO 1000mm lens are "hand holdable."
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ralph,

I like 58mm too and since my photography started with one of the versions of Helios-44 it's sort of carved into my shooting style. Voigtlander Nokton 58/1.4 is one of my favorite lenses on Nikon, period.

Unfortunately, the 44M has (just now) developed a sticking blades problem. Not the worst kind so maybe it will sort itself out in time (it's been idle for more than 16 years). I won't put all my hopes in that happening, plus I can always stop it down manually.

You people are not doing me any favors by saying how those mirror lenses are actually good. I need a 4kg lens like I need a hole in my head.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Well Boris, I really like my MTO 500. Bough it in 1982. A few years back I had good deal (actually in Belgrade) on reflex Nikkor 8/500 (Ai vintage) , bought it, tested and sold it. MTO was better, tad slower, but produced nicer pictures. With 800asa on nice sunny day you are fine handholding it. For MTO 1100mm you need good tripod, even on sunny day.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, I am definitely going to try both of them but only after I try the rest of the lenses, because after hauling those big, fat babies around, on tripod or not, I might need some sick days. After that, who knows.
    I didn't like the 500/8 Nikkor, but there are different versions of it and there should be one that's better than others (one of the more recent ones I think). I have no idea which version I tried.

I just realized that there is a Praktica Super TL there too, I just didn't bring it over. That might work better than Zenit TTL, until I get my hands on a Spotmatic or find the adapter for Rolleiflex. Praktica has a somewhat better/brighter finder than the Zenit, if my memory serves.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Interesting point about MTOs and T2 mounts. So far I tried M42 and Nikon T2 and it works.
    I just measured thickness of T2 adapters I have here and:
    M42 is 9.4mm, Nikon is 8.6mm and one with out marking is 11.4mm thick (Minolta MD?? Konica??)
    Don't forget that MTOs also have focusing past infinity mark so you can try simple thin Nikon to m42 adapter with out correction lens, (one with lens are mostly horrible) and check how far away you can focus with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    So, what are you going to do with your 2 "abominations" ? (500 + 1000) Have you tried Fotodiox for your adapter?

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentex makes an adaptor for 42mm to K mounts, but not all bodies, most of the auto foucs, will not meter and the shutter locks up. SF1 and SF1N will meter in manual and A mode and are inexpensive . Most manual focus k bodies work as well. Chinon's, also sold under GAF, CE 3 will provide aperture priorty metering and can be used with a motor winder. Spots with working meters are great cameras and will work your lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalbert View Post
    So, what are you going to do with your 2 "abominations" ? (500 + 1000) Have you tried Fotodiox for your adapter?
    Just stare at them, for now. When time permits I will try them out, but with all this snow and weather forecasts I don't see it happening for another couple of weeks. Gorbas suggested I should try to mount them on my Nikons, which I will look into as I would rather test them on something I am comfortable with.
    And no, I haven't checked Fotodiox adapters, but now I will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get an EXA and turn it into M42 mount like I did and use them
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin